• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya on 3-13 or 3-14

waiting for the post....I have failed enough on that hill Fawkin pissed me off now....I am going to fix the truck and make it up :haha:

I'm going to run out there Sunday. A friend just called me and said they broke their axle u-joint on the hill on the south loop. Said its tore up pretty good. When you guys had that work party a few weeks ago I damn near idled up it. SO I have to go check it out. Plus see how much more tore up Yellow jacket it.

I have no room to talk because i would have to go to the left then I probably wouldnt even make the top. But why does everyone go to the left around the rocks at the bottom of the yellow jacket? They go there for a challenge and then go around the first half of the challenge?

I have no room to talk because i would have to go to the left then I probably wouldnt even make the top. But why does everyone go to the left around the rocks at the bottom of the yellow jacket? They go there for a challenge and then go around the first half of the challenge?

I idled over those rocks. But i got 44s. Then when to the right side on my week try at the hill due to a bad ujoint.

JAWS what did he break in the 4runner were they stock or ours?

Hey Bob....how you feelin?

Anthony hit it on the head right after I got your bling cromo hub gears I broke a inner shaft........only stock part / non longfield part left.....LOL:awesomework:

I think the shock load messed up my detroit locker. have you ever herd of this with a toyota? I know it happens on chevy's alot. I only broke the short side inner and put a new one in and headed to Evans when I realized the same side I broke would not spin. I pulled apart the hub and everything was great. I just said screw it I'm wheelin with 3 wheels and half way through the day my locker was working fine and did the 197 no problem. It makes rattling noises while on logging road over 10 mph.......Am I screwed? Is my locker toast?

It's Great to see ya online Bob! Get well soon and lets go wheelin:awesomework:

Anthony hit it on the head right after I got your bling cromo hub gears I broke a inner shaft........only stock part / non longfield part left.....LOL:awesomework:

I think the shock load messed up my detroit locker. have you ever herd of this with a toyota? I know it happens on chevy's alot. I only broke the short side inner and put a new one in and headed to Evans when I realized the same side I broke would not spin. I pulled apart the hub and everything was great. I just said screw it I'm wheelin with 3 wheels and half way through the day my locker was working fine and did the 197 no problem. It makes rattling noises while on logging road over 10 mph.......Am I screwed? Is my locker toast?

Detroits are famous for that ive seen a couple of threads on here about it. May want to try a search and see what you can find.

Detroits are famous for that ive seen a couple of threads on here about it. May want to try a search and see what you can find.

Originally Posted by Ed Bister

up you blew up the locker. it happen to me about 4 years ago. time to go 30 spline

Originally Posted by Ed Bister

up you blew up the locker. it happen to me about 4 years ago. time to go 30 spline

Yes the shock load can Kill your locker.

i have broken a hand full of stock bers and never had a problem with my detroit..:eeek:

on the other hand they are super easy to tear apart and very simple to put back together... i no there are some board members that can get you parts to fix your detroit if infact you chipped some of the teeth in the locker or broke a spring ect..

Usually if a axle breaks and takes out a Detroit it takes out the opposite side from the broken axle.

Thats what I was thinking but it was the same side as i broke and after just wheelin for awhile it kicked back in and works again. No loud poping or anything just some rattle when crusining down the logging roads.

Weird

I guess I should have started a new thread..........Thanks for the help guys!:awesomework::beer:

I stripped my front Detroit without breaking anything else. More than likely damaged from several blown axle shafts over previous runs.

My Fawking tow rig is finally going back together this week. I swear I'm gonna wheel every weekend for two months. Tahuya comes first because I want to play on the rock hills.

Can't wait for a good weekend at Elbe either.

Latest posts