• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Taurus Fan ??

I got mine off a 3.8l Taurus. I didn't know the exact years but there are lots of Taurus with the smaller V6 and only a few with the 3.8l. The difference between the two is obvious- one looks like a crappy little fan the other looks like a badass black magic fan. I paid $14 for it at pull a part but the catch is it takes damn near $100 worth of parts to wire it properly and there is several different ways to do it. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the temp sensor/switch in the radiator...

I just wire mine up fast and have it turn on with the ignition.....got tired of silenoids and temp switches

Bad idea. If you do this you will likely be "that guy" on the side of the trail, rig won't run and it smells like melted wires.:haha: Besides that you will over cool.
Just get the relay off of the car you pull the fan from.

With the Taurus fans the 30 or 40 amp relays you would normally wire a fan with will melt. This is why you need the solenoid at least 70 amps. The one I got is 85 amps, like for a winch.

It would be difficult to use the wiring from the donor car because they use a computer fan controller which I'm told also controls other things and is integrated with the vehicles wiring.

Without a thermo switch of some kind your engine will run too cold. The fact that its a 2 speed fan will usually be irrelevant, most people anyways just use the high speed. I have no idea how to wire it for 2 speed action.

It would be difficult to use the wiring from the donor car because they use a computer fan controller which I'm told also controls other things and is integrated with the vehicles wiring.

You wouldn't use the wiring from the donor vehicle, the computer trigers a relay. Just use the relay.