• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TH350 behind a 22RE

Money Mark

Can it be done?

What adapters are necessary?

I assume a TH350 would be the best option?

I'd also like to use Yota t-cases behind the Auto.:eeek:

I know, I know......4cyl + Auto = :rb: Thank you.....very helpfull.:flipoff:

P.S. No Mark and Bill:redneck:......I won't be doing this during the current build, after the build is done......later in time. Just want to start collecting parts now.

Can it be done?

P.S. No Mark and Bill:redneck:......I won't be doing this during the current build, after the build is done......later in time. Just want to start collecting parts now.

I have an 86 auto truck.:corn:

also here are two hipinion ARB toyota thirds for ya.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1430376561.html

AXLES Make OFFER, I know how much money are in these
Front and Rear indestructible straight axles completely trussed with diff guards, toyota 6 lug
High Pinion v6 third members
4:88 gears
ARB air lockers front and Rear with compressor and switches
Birfield eliminator kit
Disc brake conversion in the rear, disc brakes in the front
v6 calipers
WARN Hubs
SKY High Steer conversion kit
custom made wheeler spacers front and rear
Stainless steel 20" brake lines
multiple shock setup in the rear, custom link bar to prevent axle wrap for the rear with heim joints (not pictured)

Can it be done?

OTT used to make an adapter to bolt an sm465 to a toy motor--not sure what else they make in that aspect but thats the only company I have ever heard of mating a domestic tranny to a toyota motor. But then you will have to again get another adapter to go from the domestic tranny to the toyota case.

Thanks Brad for the HP links:awesomework:......I'm going with the cheap and easy now. LP ARB 3rd's front and rear........I just bought one, had the other. Done deal.

Toyota automatics are not.......um, good.:redneck:

Anyone with links to these adapter's from foreign to domestic?:corn:

Actually the yota auto's are good once you set them up correctly. Inchworm makes an adapter to mate a mini case right to it or you can do what I'm doing. I am backing mt re with an AW4 out of a cherowagon, swapping a few parts (input shaft, front pump, converter and oil pan/dipstick) and putting a 231-300 doubler in it.

No 'puter is needed, a manual stick to change direction/park/neutral and a switch controller. Just pull the kickdown cable out fully and lock it down, the switches control the gear selection and lockup of the converter. :D

.....once you set them up correctly.

Correct.

If I'm using anything Yota, I'd use the manual tranny I already have.:;

I like the idea of buying an already built 350 (with shifter and all maybe), buying a couple adapter's and let'er rip. I assume the adapter's (if they make such a thing) would take care of any input-output shaft issues?

I'm not looking to complicate things more than they have to be........I already have a buggycar for that.:redneck:

Actually the yota auto's are good once you set them up correctly. Inchworm makes an adapter to mate a mini case right to it or you can do what I'm doing. I am backing mt re with an AW4 out of a cherowagon, swapping a few parts (input shaft, front pump, converter and oil pan/dipstick) and putting a 231-300 doubler in it.

No 'puter is needed, a manual stick to change direction/park/neutral and a switch controller. Just pull the kickdown cable out fully and lock it down, the switches control the gear selection and lockup of the converter. :D

I have never believed a toy auto is worth a dang. For starters they are power hogs and they are not cheap to fix if they become damaged.

There was an F-Toy team we comperted against, that used one in 2007. IIRC......they had to mill out a large piece of billet-something-or-rather to "fill the void space in the back of the tranny" so the tranny wouldn't be starved for fluid on climbs and so they could "run normal fluid levels". The thing was very tempermental and would sometimes create major issues for the team.:looser:

I'm not gonna be rock crawling or competing with my rig....it's just for fun. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna open up the Toyota Automatic Transmission can-o-worms.

I just want an Auto for the ease of driveability:D and less "impact" on these weak ass Yota parts.:redneck:

Meh....I'll live.

www.lcengineering.com has an adapter for a 22re to a th350 look up transmissions on there web sight 299.00. The guy I seen running it was a moon buggy out of idaho that was running werock and it worked great.:cool:

I have never believed a toy auto is worth a dang. For starters they are power hogs and they are not cheap to fix if they become damaged.

You are correct that with a stock t-case behind them they suck a lot of power, I've driven them before and noticed that too. But if you'd read up on your beloved pbb you'd find 0 complaints of that once the stock turd is removed. :;

As far as oil starvation I can see that, the stock t-case shares the atf with the trans.

What is the trans of choice in a heep that is dime a dozen and just flat works? Thats right kids the very same trans that is terrible in its stock yota form... :haha:

Oh yea, I'm going to have a paddle shift setup... still have the stick to bang forward/reverse when needed but I'll be up and down shofting like a f1 car. :flipoff: