• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

th350/dana 300 adapter on the cheap

dove'd85

just like to title says i have done some research and what i found out was that the adapter from an np 208 is what i need to adapt a 300 to a th350

first of all is anyone running this sort of set up? if so how did it work for you and what all did you have to modify to make it work

is there a particular 208 that i need to pull the adapter from

what sort of angle is the 300 going to sit at with this fixxed adapter?

i have found quite a few spud shafts for a th350/300

thanks in advance,:beer:

james

The TH350 is 27 spline male ouput shaft and the 300 is a 23 spline female input shaft from what I recall???????

I use a Novak :awesomework:

The TH350 is 27 spline male ouput shaft and the 300 is a 23 spline female input shaft from what I recall???????

I use a Novak :awesomework:

hench the spud shaft between the two:fawkdancesmiley:

i mean ya i could go buy the kit but it ranges from 350-500+

i am a poor college student so i am trying to save every penny i can:cool:

I run this identical setup, I got a th350 and 208 from some old chev truck (I think). I bought a spud shaft from advance, I had to shorten the foot on the adapter, and viola it's a super cheap th350 to dana 300. I'm into mating the 2 for the cost of a spud shaft as the adapter came bolted to the trans. It sit's at probably 10 or 15 degrees down, and has taken a hell of a beating so far.

I run this identical setup, I got a th350 and 208 from some old chev truck (I think). I bought a spud shaft from advance, I had to shorten the foot on the adapter, and viola it's a super cheap th350 to dana 300. I'm into mating the 2 for the cost of a spud shaft as the adapter came bolted to the trans. It sit's at probably 10 or 15 degrees down, and has taken a hell of a beating so far.

:cool: just what i needed to here thanks for the reply D, is your 300 upgrades at all

I have a th400 to 208/atlas/300 adapter for $75

but i have a th350 not a th400 if they are the same i may be interested.. would you post a couple pics on this thread of the adapter

but i have a th350 not a th400 if they are the same i may be interested.. would you post a couple pics on this thread of the adapter

NO they are not the same. The th350 has a square 4 bolt pattern to the adapter face. The th400 has a six sided hex pattern to the adapt face.
Th400 is a tough tranny.:awesomework:

NO they are not the same. The th350 has a square 4 bolt pattern to the adapter face. The th400 has a six sided hex pattern to the adapt face.
Th400 is a tough tranny.:awesomework:

thats nice:awesomework: but ya no thanks i already have the tranny i am going to use and it is a th350 not a th400

on to pull apart i go:redneck:

:cool: just what i needed to here thanks for the reply D, is your 300 upgrades at all

All that is aftermarket in my case is a tera 4:1 with a PROPERLY welded input gear.

Is that the cast adapter darius?

All that is aftermarket in my case is a tera 4:1 with a PROPERLY welded input gear.

haha properly being the key to the tera low gear set from what jason was telling me...

do you no if anyone makes a flange for a dana 300 to toyota driveshafts?

also do you no if an np 208 from a 700 r4 will bolt up to a th350?

haha properly being the key to the tera low gear set from what jason was telling me...

do you no if anyone makes a flange for a dana 300 to toyota driveshafts?

also do you no if an np 208 from a 700 r4 will bolt up to a th350?

Look in the gen 4x4 are james :awesomework: was dicuseed recently :awesomework:

:haha: truth be told i found the thread before i reply'd i was just flppin ya some **** for being to bland with your reply:fawkdancesmiley:

but thanks anyways i defanitly need a set but i will have to call inch worm because the only one that they or high angle offer is for a 32 spline not 26 or what ever the stock 300 spline count is:redneck:redneck:

also found toy/60 flanges:cool:

does anyone have a spare 300 collecting dust they want to part with?:D

i finally got a dana 300:cool: thanks matt,

after inspecting the t case it was onto adapting the adapter to the 300 bolt pattern

all holes but one line up, and i am alittle unsure of how to go about making it line up...:eeek:

if i oval out the hole to make it line up i will end up going through the edge of the adapter... anyone else running this setup? pics:corn:

TIA:beer:

i finally got a dana 300:cool: thanks matt,

after inspecting the t case it was onto adapting the adapter to the 300 bolt pattern

all holes but one line up, and i am alittle unsure of how to go about making it line up...:eeek:

if i oval out the hole to make it line up i will end up going through the edge of the adapter... anyone else running this setup? pics:corn:

TIA:beer:

Oh yeah........:redneck: I run the circle 5 pattern:rolleyes: I was too lazy to open up the hole.