• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

th400 - ford 205

iron lotus

Im just wondering what all companies make the adapter setup for a th400 to a Ford 205 transfer.. I know advance adapters do but im just wondering if that is the only option? Thanks in advance..

Re:

If I'm thinking correctly all you gotta do is swap the appropriate Chevy 32 spline input in place of the 31 spline Ford input, and slightly elongate one hole in the factory trans/tcase adapter to clock it flat...

None of the figure 8 pattern stuff is gong to work with a Ford 205.
Like Nick said a GM 32 spline input in a Ford 205 and using a TH400-NP208 factory adapter in the route I would look into. Not sure what length Th400 output shaft or GM205 input is needed, others can chime in to clarify.

All the th400-205 combos I've owned (or even saw with my own eyes) was round pattern Chevy 205s, which I assume use the same adapter as the th400-208 combo

How common are figure 8 205s behind th400s?

All the figure 8 205s I've seen were either 10 spline make from a sm465, or 27 spline male from behind a th350 (which isn't all that common from what I gather)

Thanks for the info guys.. I measured it and my tranny has the 4 1/2 inch 32 spline output shaft..

EOR made one for me you can clock it anywhere you want then weld it, ran it for 5 years no issues, I talked to jimmy Penner a few weeks ago and he said he still has them

You can put a 32 spline chevy input in a ford 205. Use an adapter for the 400 to 241. Bolt pattern lines up best I remember but wasn't clocked right. Had to turn the seal plate down a little and recess the 4 Allen head bolts to clear the adapter. Think I had to grind a little for the shift rails to come through. last buggy and my new ones done that way.