• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thanks for the Motivational butt hurt HL Crew.

Opossum

now I need a front.
I've got some perches on a rear end I need cut off and to lazy to spend all day with a grinder. I'll gladly load the rear end up and bring it to you. If you could burn the new perches on it would be great to.

Its on a full size rear end going under a toyota.

Re: Anybody free saturday to cut some perches.

Im going riding... but

make sure you know were you want your perches burned if your just carring a rearend to someone... ( ie pinion angle ) thumb.gif

yea I figured that much.. thats why welding the perches on isn't really needed to much. I just need to get the old ones cut off.

You been sayin that for what like a year now..... Hell man you can cut center of the weld with most perches with a 4.5 angle and cut off wheel and it removes them fairly quick and really clean. (cut weld hammer... cut weld hammer... ) Personally thats the way i like to do it, except on 14B's or axles with cast on perches.

get you ass out there and knock them perches off that sum bitch already :flipoff1:

Why even bother.

If you're too lazy to cut the perches off just give up now.

Seriously.

::)

MUCHADO said:
Why even bother.

If you're too lazy to cut the perches off just give up now.

Seriously.

::)

Damn, kick him when he down... :eek:

Yeah every perch P and I have cut off have been with the angle grinder. I have only used a torch on a few occassions, and it doesn't really save much time because there is way more cleanup with a grinder wheel. A plasma would save lots of time, but not a regular torch. Rob may be right, if you can't find the motivation to remove the perches then it may never happen.

My post may have been harsh---but I'm not hatin' at all... I get lazy as **** on my own stuff so I can relate... I always have something more important to do or "think" what I've gotta do at the moment is more important.. hence why my axles are still sittin' at Kelly's and my lazy ass hasn't gone and picked em up yet...

x2 on the angle grinder. I got a torch just for stuff like this but it seems like half the time something in the way prevents me from holding the torch at just the right angle so I have to leave a lot behind to save the axle tube.

I'd just do it. It won't take more than 30 minutes to have them off and cleaned up. Hauling the axle is probably just as much effort.

I can understand the "not wanting to do it" thing. When I had to cut the link mounts off of my 14B with the grinder and a cut-off wheel it felt like it took forever but it really wasn't that bad.

DeleriousII said:
I can understand the "not wanting to do it" thing. When I had to cut the link mounts off of my 14B with the grinder and a cut-off wheel it felt like it took forever but it really wasn't that bad.

Exactly .... He dont want it bad enough if this is all thats holding him up .

I hate using a torch ( ask around LOL ) I dont like having to clean up slag and **** and it just seems like for what you get out of the cut, you get x2 on the clean up. Even if you torch them youll still have to pick up a grinder and clean that **** off. Cut off wheel to the center of the weld gets them off clean and quick enough with very little clean up effort required.

Did I mention I hate using a torch ? laughing1 Jdollar is the Iron Chef with a torch, he has the technique to make a clean low mess cut... I do not. :flipoff1:

we don't have a torch at my buddy's house that we are building at so we are confined to a grinder and a bandsaw.

Just get the grinder out and start. The trick is don't stop grinding until the cutoff wheel gets too small or you are done. If you stop in the middle and step back and look or take a break you definitely won't want to get started again!

blacksheep10 said:
14b's are the only ones I don't grind off. I plasma that ****. I hate using oxyfuel cutting.

torching those is a big fuggin mess waiting to happen... laughing1

ok so I'm trying not to get ass hurt by all ya'll fawkers drinking haterade, I'm out to start cutting then off to work, maybe by Sunday they will be cut off and the rear end will be semi under the truck.

Pics to follow Sunday evening. :flipoff1:

Opossum said:
ok so I'm trying not to get ass hurt by all ya'll fawkers drinking haterade, I'm out to start cutting then off to work, maybe by Sunday they will be cut off and the rear end will be semi under the truck.

Seeee my approach werrrked in gettin you motivated :flipoff1: :drinkers:

I'll go ahead and let you buy me a Keystun next time I'm in 'Bama pepper.gif thumb.gif

Opossum said:

We're telling you its way easier than your making it out to be.... the first to accomplishing this task is starting it ! :flipoff1:

the rearend should be "semi" under your rig in about an hour

braves10and22 said:
he called me a hater this morning cause "i didn't take up for him." laughing1

Your a hater for not going out there and doing that **** already for him woman ! :flipoff1:

then you coulda been like... see MF'er even a fuggin chick can do this **** geebus its almost 2 fuggin years in the making !!!

laughing1