• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Re: Mash yer motor - Csc fab buggy

rednecklights said:
Is that guy on hardline ?
I talked with him on the phone last night. He is a real cool guy. His was as bad as mine but he started over from the beginning instead of trying to fix it as he went. I sent him the the link to this thread and he said he was gonna get on and share his csc experience

Re:

Oh wow, I couldn't imagine how it feel to get treated that way with that kinda money being spent, Imo if it wasn't made right I'd have a can of gas and book of matches at his door step

Re:

hjpcummins said:
Oh wow, I couldn't imagine how it feel to get treated that way with that kinda money being spent, Imo if it wasn't made right I'd have a can of gas and book of matches at his door step
If I could afford to build another one I would take the chassis and drop it in his driveway. But I can't so it's like tyler said. Fix it redo all the **** ups rename it and go beat it. Be like a slap in the face

kmcminn said:
Been a while Draco, how's the new fabrication thing going? I have heard good things!

Going well man! It's hard for me to sit down and cruise the interwebs...I pop in for a few minutes now and then to see what's up though. Glad you're hearing good things, lord knows we tryin. ;D Powder coat has really taken off lately and the plasma table runs a good bit too, couple bike builds coming up, some RZR stuff going on....Life is good, just short on time. You need anything, give us a shout! :dblthumb:

rednecklights said:
He's gonna cut me up some cool stuff for the Sammy soon loller.gif

You need to come see us man...Get you fixed up. :smoke:

Draco said:
Going well man! It's hard for me to sit down and cruise the interwebs...I pop in for a few minutes now and then to see what's up though. Glad you're hearing good things, lord knows we tryin. ;D Powder coat has really taken off lately and the plasma table runs a good bit too, couple bike builds coming up, some RZR stuff going on....Life is good, just short on time. You need anything, give us a shout! :dblthumb:

You need to come see us man...Get you fixed up. :smoke:

I will do. Thanks.

Where is your shop at?

Re: Re:

BUG-E J said:
If I could afford to build another one I would take the chassis and drop it in his driveway. But I can't so it's like tyler said. Fix it redo all the **** ups rename it and go beat it. Be like a slap in the face
I feel your pain, sorry to see 5hings like this happen. It seems to happen more n more...I may have missed it, but has the shop been made aware of the issues?

Re: Re:

hjpcummins said:
I feel your pain, sorry to see 5hings like this happen. It seems to happen more n more...I may have missed it, but has the shop been made aware of the issues?

I know your not new, did you read the thread? :wtflol:

drill it buggy

After having my buggy posted to busted knuckle and hearing about a few other CSC fab nightmares I figured I would share mine. I paid around 20k for a roller from labronn (another 20 or more in parts like) that sit in his shop for about a year untouched. Finally I decided to go pick it up and everything was in boxes and missing half the bolts and "shop miscellaneous" items on my invoice. Being it came from labronn we figured he knew his **** and started right off on the interior and getting the roller finished. To make long story short the chassis hits the 4-link, shocks hit the chassis, he didn't block off the water in the tubing it goes all the way past the port for the radiator, and I'm sure there is more important forgetting. He cost me a shock this weekend cause of his poor design and now I'm gonna have to cut on a brand new powder coated chassis to make it right. When you pay someone 20k for a roller you expect it to be riggt from the beginning.

Damn. Labron kept telling me not to tell anybody what I paid because it was the cheapest he ever did one. I didn't believe him because of the quality work I got but that really sucks. I tried to top mine off this morning and even the gas cap is a pos. :****:

Re: The bad karma buggy

Well its loaded up and ready for some tlc.....
e8929ff74f8b93f269ce359b5de6b701.jpg

I'm glad it's going to get some tlc. I sure hope you get it right man. It's complete Bullshit that several people have had the same problems from the same shop.

Well after posting I was gonna tackle the belly myself Patrick Murrah texted me and offered to fix a few things and get the drivetrain mounted correctly. I have talked with him some over the past few years and know the work he has done turned out good. I took the buggy too him today and we went around it together and I am glad we did. So it looks like the whole ass end is trying to come off. The rear shocks are about to rip off the chassis also. I showed Patrick exactly what I wanted fixed and if at all possible please please fix the seat slider if time allowed

We noticed the lower tabs holding the fuel cell in had small cracks in the bottom. Then it was pointed out to me where the bars that curve up on the back that all the bars on the back mount to have cracks in the material near the welds. The chassis is flexing so much it's starting to make the material weak near the welds. I meant to take some before pics so I could compare it on here to when he got done. I am assuming Patrick will post stuff up. I am sure it will be a little longer than expected because he was shaking his head and said man I'm gonna have to go over it real good and make a list of things to fix.

Elliott said:
Why not start over at this point, if the frame is that bad?
At this point if I let it go I won't get another one. Can't afford to build another and I damn sure can't sell this one for enough to buy one