• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

R

rednecklights

Since BugEJ is slacking im going to go ahead and start a thread for him. He finished his buggy up and has a few races on it now so I was hoping he would post up and we could learn about building a more budget minded racer.

This was the red rocket

ece9b8d3a251405d6054cdcec55e733d.jpg

It did pretty good ... Pretty bullet proof actually (except on marks wall)

https://youtu.be/OOAoJAk7Hck

That was the day I met Adam lee , Jonathan and Alisha Andrews.

- Piper

Re: Mash yer motor - white bouncer

mashyermotor said:
"Budget minded racer" :rolf: Kush been at your house?

The term "Budget" is a very loose....Apparently.

kushKrawlin said:
Hahaha budget my ass. I guess u could budget the cost of buggy. But I bet Ya can't budget the expenses... Haha, Budget. Waitin to hear from Jonny or misses on how that budget is going! Ha.

He got a deal. I heard the welding was half off!

Allright this is gonna be long and drawn out. Since I don't have a smart phone or good access to the internet at work whomever wishes to fallow will need to sit on their hands and give me time. I'm working two jobs right now and I know I will not be home at a decent hour tonight. I have had 12 people TODAY tell me I need to ask the people of Hardlines opinion so just bare with me. This IS NOT a bash or do not go to a certain place type thread I want honest opinions. I am gonna kinda start at the end and then go all the way back to the beggining so that why this is just now starting will make more sense. I have asked Labron at CSC Fab nicely to not contact me and to just forget I exist on more than one occasion. This morning my wife told me I received an E-mail stating I now owe him a little over 4500$ with the intrest from the last bill he sent me over a year ago. I told him at Grayrock if he did not calmly walk away and drop this I would go public on the situation and let the people decide. I told him he had my cell# my wifes cell # and my email that he could have the lawyer he was threatining me with contact me or do not contact me. He knows I would sell everything I had to pay him if a court of my peers decided that was what was needed. I cannot tell anyone what the original bill should have been because I have recieved 3 since I picked my "buggy" up. First two were for turnkey (buggy was picked up in boxes with MANY things lacking) and last was for "roller" which it pretty much was. When I pointed out the things that were on my bill that I did not receive or had a problem with he kept changing the bill and taking things off but kept managing to come out with the same total every time. I lost sleep over it and didn't know what to do. I have NEVER not paid for something or tried to "get over" on somebody so it stressed me to the point I was sick at my stomach. Well I asked a few close personal friends what to do and was told various things from various people but there is a man I respect more than anyone that told me "you know they don't delete threads on hardline..." I still at that point decided I would refinance whatever i had (seeing as he got EVERY penny i had to my name) and send Labron whatever he thought was fair to just be done with it and finish my patched up buggy and sell it for what I had in it and just be done with four wheeling alltogether. One night I got on here and got to noticing ... (remark removed by Admin). Thats when I called him and told him as big of a pos he had sold me and as far over the budget he went he wouldn't get his last 1700ish dollars. Again this is not a bash thread and I WILL NOT ASK FOR HELP OR NAME DROP ANYONE! But anyone that feels free to post can.This thread is strictly me asking the opinion of the only people I have any contact with outside of family. I have got to get an estimate up but I will post the information I can remember prior to picking the buggy in the next few hours.

Re: Mash yer motor - csc fab bouncer

Ok I have terrible memory but here goes the pre buggy build. Prolly 3 years back I was helping a certain person do some filming at a certain racing series. I got to be friends with everybody and would hit the hills after the race at night. The racing was fun so I decided to try it out. Well it didn't take me long to realize the red rocket was not a race buggy. I kinda hinted around to a handful of people I would be intrested in building a buggy I could race but still trail ride in and have fun AS LONG AS ME AND MY WIFE COULD COMFORTABLY DRIVE IT. (I will caps things that will come into play at later dates). So I talked with a few people and everyone was willing and wanting to work with me but were a few years out and would not push me in front of anyone else. Well one day at Chocco I was introduced to Labron. Very nice guy with a nice son whom offered to build me a chassis to race for cost or material. I was exstatic but told him I really needed more than just a chasis. We exchanged numbers and went our seperate ways. Well we got to know each other pretty well racing together the next season and it came up again. I told him there were things I would need him to do and things he would have to let me do because I had very little funds so I wanted to put the money where it counted with someone that could knock out fabwork that would take me a month. Well i tried my best to get out of it and didn't want to do it untill I finally found someone willing to buy every part off of the red rocket I did not need. It was a package deal take it or leave it I am not parting out kind of thing. Well said persons came to house, hung out saturday night and we tore into the buggy sunday morning. I was left with axles, tires and wheels, motor (no propane), coilovers, trans, and doubler. Well this was before rbd 2 years ago and just decided I would focus on deer hunting and take my parts to Cave Spring Ga. Well the first few red flags came when I dropped my parts off. (remark removed by Admin). Well originally the first trip I made was to drop motor, trans, and tcases to have a chassis built with interior. Labron looked at the doubler and told me there was no way he could use that in a buggy he couldn't make the driveshafts work. Instead of saying you are starting from scratch this is what I have I let the doublers go for a little over 600 bucks and went on the lookout for a lomax or an atlas. [/b] On my first trip I also took the cash to buy the tube, some flapper wheels,cutoff wheels, and a few other consumables so I would not be in this project anymore than what the interior would cost. I left wondering why everyone did such a nice guy like they did and convinced I had to immediatly go 3k over my budget on a tcase I dind't want. On the way home I got with the offroad shop that would be supplying parts and ordered seats, A SEAT SLIDER, and a few tabs. I told Labron I would supply EVERYTHING needed for this build so I could wheel and deal and get the most for my money. I told him I did not want him to use a tab or bolt so I would not have to pay mark up AND HE AGREED. At this point a I had an odd feeling but he measured me and my wife and sent us on our way.

Jon,
I'm sorry as hell you had to find out the hard way like I did. It's a ****ed up situation to say the least. The issues you've ran into from day ONE and the money you've already spent to "fix" the numerous problems...With more to come. Demanding more money WITH interest...He should be bending over backwards to build you a new buggy that actually works.

:popcorn: I have wondered the deal on this buggy for a long time.

Draco said:
Jon,
I'm sorry as hell you had to find out the hard way like I did. It's a ****ed up situation to say the least. The issues you've ran into from day ONE and the money you've already spent to "fix" the numerous problems...With more to come. Demanding more money WITH interest...He should be bending over backwards to build you a new buggy that actually works.
We will get to that. Like I said this is not a bash thread everyone wanted a build thread. He offered to come get it and told me he had some dumbass working for him that butchered the buggy up and he didn't know. He never once asked me what was wrong or why I was upset or anything. Its always been about $. This will come in the chapter "after starting assembly"

Draco said:
Jon,
Wait a minute. Didn't you get out of the game for some reason? :popcorn:

BUG-E J said:
We will get to that. Like I said this is not a bash thread everyone wanted a build thread. He offered to come get it and told me he had some dumbass working for him that butchered the buggy up and he didn't know. He never once asked me what was wrong or why I was upset or anything. Its always been about $. This will come in the chapter "after starting assembly"
I deleted a lot of what I initially wrote. Carry on... ;D

BUG-E J said:
Wait a minute. Didn't you get out of the game for some reason? :popcorn:

****in' right! Makes me sick thinking about it!

This is your thread...For now... skully

Ok so we will put this in fast forward mode. Deer season is in and the goal is possible first srrs race maybe second worst case. I have already talked with another offroad shop about turning my chassis with stuff mounted to a roller. I look and call and beg for a lomax and give up and decide to order atlas. Well this little race in the desert they put on every Feb kinda fubared my plans of other shop doing roller so it became crunch time real fast. I was a little paniced but the whole time Labron has kept saying things like why don't you let me just build you a buggy, I will punch in and out and keep up with all my times and charge you a discounted labor rate. I finally make the call and say look. I have AROUND 9K TO SPEND WITH PARTS. I am already in an atlas so we need to see how far I can go and stop at that point. Labron sends me a list of everything he would need to build a roller. I took every fluid needed, some hose clamps, and a few little nit pickey things you always forget about. I make sure and tell him NO FANCY STUFF LIKE A/N LINES. I AM A MECHANIC AND HAVE PUT A BUGGY TOGETHER BEFORE. YOU CAN CALL ME AT ANY TIME AND I WILL DROP WHAT I AM DOING AND COME HELP ONE WEEKEND TO GET THIS RIGHT. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK ABOUT HOW I WANT THINGS DONE. IF YOU WANT ME TO RACE A CSC BUGGY YOU DO IT THE CHEAPEST EASIEST QUICKEST WAY YOU CAN. I DON"T GIVE A **** IF YOU STICK WELD IT AND SHOOT SHEET METAL SCREWS IN THE FLOOR. Well said offroad shop supplies parts and sends me used stuff or damaged stuff when they can to help out. Time goes by and I get called to come check out buggy. Drive the SECOND time 4 hours one way and see a chassis sitting in the floor with a couple of tabs welded on for floor pan. Seat is laid in floor and I climb in. No pedals, seat slider, steering wheel, or firewall are in at this point. Do you like it so far i am asked. Hell yeah looking good. Well I get a bill for "up to that point" and we are knockin on all I have. I ASK WHY I AM PAYING ALL THIS LABOR AND MATERIAL WHEN WE AGREED ON CHASSIS FOR COST OF MATERIAL. I am told well we did some things different and you have decided to go farther than original plans so don't worry it will work out in the end. Well some time goes by and I barrow a big orange buggy for first race and say ok we need to be figuring out when we will be done with mine. There were some parts issues like always and a few other things but its a roller come check it out! I get there and there is no seats mounted and no pedals. He throws the seat in and I hope in. Yeah man seems ok as long as you MOUNT THE PEDALS TO THE FLOOR STICKING UP, I WANT BIG NASTY HEADERS, MY WIFE HAS TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT, AND I WANT CUP HOLDERS. Outside of those things do whatever is cheapest. WELL HE TELLS ME CUSTOM HEADERS ARE HIGH BUT HE HAS SOME MUFFLERS LAYING AROUND I CAN HAVE AND HE HAS AN EXHAUST GUY HE WILL GET THEM DONE UP FOR ME CHEAP. Ok so I get another bill and it just so happens to be almost exactly the amount of the receipt I showed him of what I had in my savings/retirement. (I know dumb on my part). I SAY LOOK AT THIS POINT I AM SPENT. LETS WRAP IT UP AND SEE WHAT I CAN COME UP WITH. Well I have now mad 3 trips there just to see the buggy that is not showing any progress an is far from finished. So a few days go by and I get a phone call. I am told MAN I KNOW IT IS GONNA PUT YOU A LITTLE OVER BUDGET BUT I CAN DO YOUR FUEL CELL PLUMBING AND RADIATOR AND IT WILL BE AN ALMOST FINISHED BUGGY FOR 11K IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH IT. I SAY OK BUT IF IT GOES A PENNY MORE OVER YOU ARE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO GET IT. I LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE. I DON'T HAVE A 401K OR ANYTHING. I CAN PROBABLY COME UP WITH THAT MUCH BUT OUTSIDE OF THAT I WILL HAVE TO SELL THE BUGGY. Well I race a big red buggy at the next race and get ready to set a date to come get my buggy. He says he is gonna email a final bill and I cant reall the numbers but it almost caused a riot at my house. I call and say WTF MAN I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO A PENNY OVER 11k AND I AM HAPPY BUT YOU HIT ME WITH THIS? HE SAYS WELL THE 11K WAS NO EXHAUST, NOT FINIISHING INTERIOR AND IT WASN'T WELDED OUT. I SAY DO NOT TOUCH MY BUGGY I WILL BE COMING TO GET IT SATURDAY WITH EVERY PENNY I CAN COME UP WITH. HE SAYS I DON'T KNOW WHY I AM ALWAYS THE BAD GUY, YOU ARE GETTING A BASICALLY TURN KEY BUGGY FOR HALF PRICE I AM READY FOR IT TO BE GONE COME GET IT. I literally rolled all my change and did an extra side job and headed to cave spring ga with my trailer that weekend for the final time.