• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bow legged swamp donkey

Worros

Ok guys I figured I might as well go ahead and post some pics of my yoter on here and the current status of it.
Bought it just like this in November 2010, actually traded my 06' 250r for it straight up and then drove her 25 miles home.
Original.jpg

had some not so favorable suspension on it and some alright 33" bfgs and a welded rear end
wheeled it a little like that for a year or so
toy2.jpg

toy1.jpg

finally sanded all that bed liner crap off it and painted her some tan color and put it on her side
IMG_20101227_130440.jpg

IMG_20101227_130351.jpg

So that went on a little while and finally the frame split in half behind the cab and I started this long process I am still working on..
Got a frame from a guy up above gainesville, ga. Then started.
toyota6.jpg

toyota9.jpg

we were gonna back half it at first but my cheap ass said NO lol
Rebuilt the front axle
toyota4.jpg

Because this is what was inside
toyota5.jpg

and Got it all swapped over on the new frame
toyota8.jpg

toyota7.jpg

Got a dual case adapter
duals.jpg
]

Cut out a **** ton of floor to flat belly it
tcase.jpg

made a mount for my cases
tcasemount.jpg

Just about up to date here..
start of my tranny tunnel and seat mounts
yota4.jpg

Dont have any progress pics of it, but its all tied into the cab of the truck and my seats mount to it, covered it with some 18ga sheet and painted it all up.

So here a few weeks ago I put my EFI stuff on it I got from TBITOY
IMAG0148.jpg

Did IFS hubs on the front
IMAG0182_zpsa9417257.jpg

heres my flat belly crossmember
IMAG0183_zpsb2e9f5a4.jpg

and were pretty caught up now,,
today I made a winch mount
IMAG0181_zpsd7c96dfb.jpg

IMAG0180_zpse9276605.jpg

IMAG0179_zps68a2a2d0.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Its sitting on 38' SXs, rears up front and ranger springs in the back, got some 15~ travel pro crap shocks I gotta mount, shock hoops and creeper gussets from trail gear Im waiting to receive. and get a fuel pressure line. Then its going to my buddies shop (TC4x4 fabrications) to get a exo cage here in a few weeks

jordan7118 said:
If you solid mounted your duals, you'll want solid mounts at the engine.

x2, otherwise you'll break your rear tcase, or break the crossmember (doubt yours will break by lookin at it).

TBItoy said:
x2, otherwise you'll break your rear tcase, or break the crossmember (doubt yours will break by lookin at it).
jordan7118 said:
If you solid mounted your duals, you'll want solid mounts at the engine.

I've got some more builder bushings like on my crossmember I'm gonna build some motor mounts with, 1/4" plate and some grade 8 bolts. I wanna make them raise my engine a good 2" or so for how much I raised the t cases when I flat bellied it.
I still have a good bit of work ahead of me to get her running atleast.
I have to make a fuel pressure line from the tank forward to my factory pressure hose and filter, hook up the rest of the fuel lines and get a new starter and alternator and finish hookin up all my connectors and all that good stuff.

But today I finished making my winch plate, mounted my winch and trimmed my grill out

Here you can see one my gussets I have on the back of my winch plate and the front crossmember of my frame to give it some strength. I have one in the center and one more on the passenger side of the winch plate. I have to finish welding the outside of the plate you can see.
IMAG0190_zps7617d336.jpg

I took the radiator out and reached through the engine bay and welded all three of these before running out of daylight to finish welding up the front of it to the truck.
IMAG0188_zps0dd87ba2.jpg

IMAG0187_zps0ceb85d8.jpg

I got the winch from an older tech at the dealership for $100. got a brand new looking controller and even got the owners manual lol

toyota10coolingsystem_zpsf0f9dc37.jpg

By this pic of the cooling system Does anybody know how to by pass all the throttle body cooling passages. I cant figure this out. My coolant bypass tube coming off my timing cover has one outlet, doesnt have the fitting on the side for the little coolant hose coming from the bottom side of my plenum.