• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Budget Door Kicker (BDK)

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
I know some of you enjoy gun and for the most part folks like to look at AR platforms so I will share another one of my builds. I have been enjoying the heck out of the SPR rig I built a few months ago but I wanted something lighter, faster, more portable and less accurate/expensive to build and shot. I was able to find all the parts to make this happen in less then a week and all for a great deal. This will be lower budget minded and will not break the $1200 mark when complete but should have the parts to compete with any of the prebuilt rigs out there.

I want to start this thread off my thanking and recommending a few great companies that without their customer service and great products this build would not happen. Thanks to Bravo Company Manufacturing, MagPul, Mel's Custom Arms, and Midwest Industries.

On to the build specs,

BCM demo/blemish upper receiver
BCM 14.5" light weight CHF 1/7 5.56 short gas barrel
BCM low pro gas block
Noveske Krink Flaming Pig flash hider (perm attached)
Midwest Industries SS G2 15" handguard (custom gooseneck)
Delton blemish stripped lower receiver
DPMS Mil Spec LPK
Mil Spec buffer tube with MagPul MOE stock
Young Mfg phosphate BCG

All MagPul furniture will be black and the upper and lower stripped receivers and handguard will be Kryloned in their FDE color, everything else will be black.

Last edited:
The Delton blem lower when I got it and after some sanding and paint work. Not much better but its the color I want.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 461
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 459
should be a fun gun. Im actually in the middle of building a SPR. Im building it off of a Mega arms Billet upper/lower combo. I originally bought a ASA side charger upper but i think im going to use it for my "BDK" build instead.

Yes the Mega match set billet stuff is kick ass... that will make a very impressive SPR for sure. Let me know when you get her done, we can go pound some steel up at my woods range.

Yes the Mega match set billet stuff is kick ass... that will make a very impressive SPR for sure. Let me know when you get her done, we can go pound some steel up at my woods range.

This is going to be a slow build. Im still some months out before it's completed. I think the single most expensive thing will be the optics. Im thinking of going with a 3-9x accupoint with mil dot reticle. Still not sure yet though.

About 90% of the parts will be promptly delivered to my door by my faithful UPS lady this morning around 9am, just before I woke up. It was like Christmas morning at my house. My damn handguard is back ordered so it will be at least another week before I can get my barrel nut and handguard. :mad:

I also really boned up and fat fingured the rear takedown pin spring and detent and lost the spring so I had to order a single spring from Brownells. Gosh what a **** show. I got nothing but time now. So much for a one week slap together gun.

I got the upper and lower as put together as I could. More parts are showing up tomorrow.

Attachments

• bdk1.jpg
    bdk1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 377
  • bdk2.jpg
    bdk2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 379
  • bdk3.jpg
    bdk3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 382
  • bdk4.jpg
    bdk4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 375
  • bdk5.jpg
    bdk5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 379
I have a set of picatinny sights I'll sell you. I actually have two set

EDIT: Actually one complete set. They are off of my S&W MP15. Make me an offer.
IMAG0207.jpg

Last edited:
Magpul MBUS for irons and a Primary Arms Micro when they come back in stock.

Thanks Joop for the offer. Those dont look like bad sights at all, I like the MBUS do to their "high speed, low drag" qualities.

I plan to beat the Krylon off this gun so we will see how this stuff shakes out.

Some more stuff showed up this morning... mostly just furniture and the sights. Still waiting on the backordered hand guard and the Rainer Arms Raptor charge handle then she will go bang! Cant wait for my little sister to shoot this when she gets home for Christmas. This build is dedicated to her and all that she does for me and everyone in the country! God bless our Military!

Attachments

• photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 258
  • photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 252
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 252
I am curious to see if you like that flaming pig.

The only thing they are good for is directing the blast/noise down range. They are common on SBR/Pistol builds.

Maverick, Is there a reason you are putting a KX3 on a rifle? It think you are the first person i've seen use one on anything longer then a 11.5" barrel. I had one on my 7.5" pistol but it didn't fit with my MI handguards so i ended up getting a Kies blast master for about 1/3 the price.

I have also never run one but this is my take on it and hope that it plays out like this.

It is heavy at 7.2oz so it should help keep the nose down and on target and provide a more flat recoil for fast follow up shots or strings along with directing the blast forward to keep it out of the face of the guy next to me. Watch this just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspNZJZb31g

Travis talks a little about the Krink at around the 2:00 mark. In now way am I trying to be like Travis but he is a good teacher and a vet operator and he does know what works.

I have heard that these can type brakes help direct noise fwd and away from the shooting line... and... the most important part... IT LOOKS COOL!

i haven't watched the video yet. I can say that it definitely directs the sound and blast down range. Before i mounted a KX3 on my pistol i had a rainier arms XTC comp and it was downright brutal to shoot with.

I can see where the weight helps with muzzle climb but its also a lot of weight hanging off the end where you generally don't want it. Thats my take on it but im curious to see how you like it on a longer barrel.

Ya me too, we will see. If I dont like it I will just have to build a AR pistol to put it on... bummer.

Ya me too, we will see. If I dont like it I will just have to build a AR pistol to put it on... bummer.

you should build one anyways:redneck: I still need to get out and set mine up again since adding an adjustable gas block.

crappy picture but here's some motivation for you:D

IMAG0467.jpg

Ya thats sick, I am emailing with a guy that has a CMMG upper a lower with a LPK but he wants full retail for all of it. If I can get him down a bit it will be the start of my pistol.

The reason I asked was because of the weight . I had it on one of my m4's , but took it off almost immediately. I switched to a battle comp 1.0 and it works wonders. I also have the Troy claymore,which has the same principal as the noveske, minus the weight. I shoot a lot of cqb, and up drills though so for your application it might be a better fit for you. Its all about trial and error though.