• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Budget Door Kicker (BDK)

AR Pistols are fun!

DSCN0217.jpg

any cycling issues while using it? i've kicked around the idea of getting one but i want to finish my other build first.

Where ate you guys buying your parts from? Everything I search is sold out

what parts are you looking for? your kind of SOL on stripped uppers,lowers, 20&30 round mags and BCGs right now from online vendors. There is a lot of stuff for sale on AR15.com but the parts i listed above people are selling for 2-3x normal retail. When i order parts i normally use BravoCompanyUsa or Joeboboutfitters. Sometimes other vendors depending on price and availability.

what parts are you looking for? your kind of SOL on stripped uppers,lowers, 20&30 round mags and BCGs right now from online vendors. There is a lot of stuff for sale on AR15.com but the parts i listed above people are selling for 2-3x normal retail. When i order parts i normally use BravoCompanyUsa or Joeboboutfitters. Sometimes other vendors depending on price and availability.

Lookig for a striped upper and a stripped lower actually....i got a line on mags i just want to get some main components before they are all gone....when tax season comes i plan on getting a nice AR if they are still around but i want to build a budget one also

any cycling issues while using it? i've kicked around the idea of getting one but i want to finish my other build first.

Internal blow back of gasses is huge, it makes a substantial mess. After about 400-500 rounds or so it starts to impair the operation.

It took me 4+ hours to clean :beer:

All that blowback wants to go "somewhere", and as it's looking for places to go it finds the bolt catch which is designed just right to tunnel gasses and force it's operation thus locking the bolt back at times prematurely. This was fixed with a dremel tool and some slight grindind forward of the bolt catch lever on the mating surface of the lower receiver. Works pretty much flawlessly now.

Ya I finished it and have run about 200 rounds through it so far and so good. I really like it a lot. Its really light weight and I like having just irons on it. I installed a Trijicon front site post in the magpul Mbus also.

My next project is going to be my bolt gun... getting away from the scary black rifles for now tell the dust settles. I have what I need for now.

Nice toy Brad. I cant wait tell the BATF is done with my paper.

I really dont mind it much at all... honestly I dont have another FH/comp to try and compair it with. Also I have let quite a few people handle it and shoot it so far and everyone seems to come away with a smile. I know its not scientific but it seems to work well.

Some day down the road I may switch over to an AAC Breakout for the use of a Mini4.

I really dont mind it much at all... honestly I dont have another FH/comp to try and compair it with. Also I have let quite a few people handle it and shoot it so far and everyone seems to come away with a smile. I know its not scientific but it seems to work well.

Some day down the road I may switch over to an AAC Breakout for the use of a Mini4.

it works really well.....i found it heavy for my application, but just like wheeling rigs to each their own. If you ever do decide to do get rid of it there are some dedicated noveske guys out there that pay top dollar. I like simple builds, they are effective shoot just as well as high dollar **** and shoot the same effective range. If you ever get down south in the spring...or a nice sunny winter day, I think I got some shooting for you. It's not a magpul event by any means, but it flat out works.:awesomework:

it works really well.....i found it heavy for my application, but just like wheeling rigs to each their own. If you ever do decide to do get rid of it there are some dedicated noveske guys out there that pay top dollar. I like simple builds, they are effective shoot just as well as high dollar **** and shoot the same effective range. If you ever get down south in the spring...or a nice sunny winter day, I think I got some shooting for you. It's not a magpul event by any means, but it flat out works.:awesomework:

Say they word man... Ill drive and shoot in the rain... I love to train and learn new things. Foul season is over at the end of Jan so I will be doing less killing and more playing. :awesomework:

Kinda back from the dead, its been a while since I have updated on this. The BDK has changed a little and Ill try and get a pic of it soon.

On a better note, I started another build a while back with Benchmark and got it back just before hunting season last year. Did not have enough time to develop a load so I ran factory ammo for hunting and took a nice buck in Montana. I did some cleaning last night and figured I would share. I dont have any build pics of this one but plan on doing a 6.5CM soon.

Attachments

• stock1.jpg
    stock1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 300wm.jpg
    300wm.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 95
  • Mtana 2013 1.JPG
    Mtana 2013 1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Mtana 2013 2.JPG
    Mtana 2013 2.JPG