• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Crash Clan

thanks try the round blades they look like tinny round files i find them to work best last time i needed some i had to order them from sears online.

Jebus man! Thing looks tight! I may have to come to the next comp to have a look at this thing.

Crash, can you post a level side shot so I can see how you set your link seperations. I'm working on a new chassis for mine.

Ok so at this point I went and tore down my old diffs to inspect them and get them ready for kyles rig--since his was going to be the simpler of the 3 rigs to do (little changes).

So his is now ready

cc46.jpg

So the links on kyles rig are not changing except they are getting plastic covers on them that he won at one of the past comps and a new rear upper link mount (the one I origionally made for mine).

Another thing is his dig servo mount will be redone (was plastic with too much deflection) and made out of alum along with the arm for it.

I am also changing his from side body mounts to top verticle mounts..

So after working on it today I was actally able to get his assembled and dialed in..

cc47.jpg

I went and changed the arm from the servo over to the dig assembly. Its made from piano wire--and made in such a way tos springy--so the servo arm can swing a long distance and really load the unit up--you can hear it snap good in and out...

cc48.jpg

Another pic...

cc49.jpg

So I went and fitted the body on and cut some new holes.. So now its ready to strip and re-paint...

cc50.jpg

So the only think left on his besides the body--is to see what I have to increase the width in the rear. The spacers that were on his are on katelyn's rig right now. The MSD wheels have a TON of offset to them(one aspect I have never liked)

So then I went and hopped back over onto katelyn's rig (since I am still waiting for one more package to arive for my rig)..

So after some thinking I went and changed her rear shocks. When I did hers I went against a theory I have pretty much set in my brain on the rear setup--and just didn't like what I had done. So I went and changed it back to how I liked it. I also went with a single rear body mount...

cc51.jpg

cc52.jpg

So next I will finish up cutting on her body and get it ready for paint. Then I will get her dig done along with the electronics...

Ok so back at it..

I got her dig all setup. Its done in the very same manner as kyles--and you can hear it "clack" when engaging and dissengaging...

cc53.jpg

cc54.jpg

Next step----finish off the electronics. This time I decided to try something different from what I have done in the past. So I took some lexan and made mounts for the ESC and the reciever which worked like a champ.

cc55.jpg

cc56.jpg

So ran some wires--and I ended up shortening the wires from the ESC to the motor because the length was getting in the way..

And there it sits all done (besides the body). Took it around the shop for a test and works like it should. The only adjustments I have to make on both kids is to setup the EPA's for the steering...

cc57.jpg

cc58.jpg

So--time to get back into mine and good timing--as I got the last couple needed parts today (well still no wheels yet)....

So since RCP doesn't have there bling ring/pinions in stock yet--and they have no idea when they will get them. I decided to run stockers so there is the pile of diff parts,lol...

cc59.jpg

And this was my first time really paying attention to shimming the diff to what I believe to be correctly--time will tell on that...

So I pulled the diffs off and tore them down. The rear was easy as all it needed was the ring and pinion. The front needed the housing modified for the new fatrock stainless inner C's. I also got the steering done so both axles are ready to toss back under the rig and continue onward..

cc60.jpg

Something simular to this

16" craftman scroll saw. They are made for wood and the blades are for wood--but it works perfect for the soft alum.

%(*$ genious! When I was built my Clod, I was used a drill, jig saw, and hack saw :( Someday I'll start working on my Clod again...someday...

Lookin' good, btw.

Latest posts