• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Crash Clan

Is that ride height? 2.25" belly clearance?

Where'd you buy that thick piano wire?

Thats a tad over 2.5" and I am setting it up for 3"

I get mine from a local hardware store---but most of your local hobby shops have it also..

Ok the next thing to figure out--where to put the dig servo. Now I could have put the servo in front like the other 2 rigs--but I am pretty sure I would have had an issue with the rod from the servo to the dig unit. One thing I was really wanting was a straight pull on the dig unit. This turned out to be quite the challenge to get it just in the right spot. One thing of course you want the servo as low as possable for low COG. The other thing---trying to get the square peg to fit the round hole.

Well with alot of work I was able to find the sweet spot and I can't believe how tight it fits--but miss's everything, sits pretty low and a great pull to the dig unit.. Hopefully this should work...

cc61.jpg

cc62.jpg

cc63.jpg

So once that was done I totaly tore the chassis apart, drilled some needed holes and clearanced a couple items then filed and sanded the chassis. Once that was done I assembled the chassis for the last time.

Once that was done it was time to get the coilovers setup. The rears were pretty straight forward and did my typical mount..

cc64.jpg

So now the rear was finally sitting on its own.

It was time to do the front coilovers. Unlike my last setup--I decided to give the front some more droop for helping in the typical breakover stuff we see at comps.

But its finally sitting on its own for the first time..

cc65.jpg

cc66.jpg

One thing I also wanted to do--inboard the front coilovers so to help with tire rub against them since I am going to be able to turn pretty sharp.
In doing so I used the double tlt mount which raised the mount of the coilover and causing a fitment issue with the servo/battery plate. I was able to notch it and make it fit.

cc67.jpg

But I am finally able to see the end of the tunnel on mine..

cc68.jpg

Are you going to try running those tires again or are they only for mock up? If I remember right you ended up ditching them after a while and went back to your Losi's didn't you?

Loving tripple build up thread. Giving me ideas for rebuilding my 2.2.

What shocks are those? Where'd you source them?

it looks pretty good so when do you get to run it?????:corn: are you going to use the same body?

Ya I am retaining my current body for now--there is a lil life still left in it...

Are you going to try running those tires again or are they only for mock up? If I remember right you ended up ditching them after a while and went back to your Losi's didn't you?

Loving tripple build up thread. Giving me ideas for rebuilding my 2.2.

What shocks are those? Where'd you source them?

The tires are just for mochup. I will be running a simular height tire though so they work perfect for what I am doing..

As for the shocks--these are it

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001101863&I=LXHSR5&P=K

Ok I finally got the dig linkage done. It really turned out perfect--its a nice straight shot from the servo to the dig.

cc71.jpg

cc72.jpg

cc73.jpg

Next step--the electronics..

I love the fact of how much smaller the spectrum reciever is compared to the traxxas. So like katelyns I went and took some lexan and made mounts for both the reciever and ESC.

cc74.jpg

cc75.jpg

I was able to really get the ESC down into the chassis and still access the programing button.

cc76.jpg

And here sits the lipo in its proper location. I have velcro on the plate and lipo along with a strip around the lipo (also helps retain the wires) and its really sturdy and doesn't budge..

cc77.jpg

So I got the body/body mounts done and the body onto the rig. Its getting really close. I got my new wheels today so time to get the that done, then paint the kids bodys

cc78.jpg

Ok--so I got the new tires mounted up to the wheels..

cc80.jpg

cc84.jpg

So all thats left on mine is to fix the hex issue in the rear and throw the new RCP ring/pinions in the diffs, figure out my new radio and adjust the servo's. Plus I have a lil charging issue I need to figure out...

Ok well I finally got a color scheme figured out for katelyn's body. So did some final cutting, taped it up and painted it up. Here is how it turned out (and she was stoked about it--even with recovering from surgery)

cc81.jpg

cc82.jpg

cc83.jpg

So all thats left on hers is to dial in the radio to the servo's and its ready. I told her we can take it out tommorow and she was pretty excited--as long as she is up to it...