• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Dirt Squirrel v. 2.0 -- Even Dirtier

Oh, and this happened yesterday. Initial impression is that the compound feels much softer than my 43 stickies. I have a while to go on the new build but couldn't resist bolting one up. These things are stupid big.

Makes my truck look tiny

Treps are stupid soft. I've heard 42s are same compound as 40s, so I'd imagine you could make outer lugs touch by a firm squeeze of the hand. You sell the sticky SXs?

jordan7118 said:
Treps are stupid soft. I've heard 42s are same compound as 40s, so I'd imagine you could make outer lugs touch by a firm squeeze of the hand. You sell the sticky SXs?

Yeah they are. You can definitely touch the lugs together with little effort. Much softer than my 43s.

The 43s are pending sale right now locally. They were a tough tire and worked amazingly well. I can't wait to see how the treps do in comparison.

Accomplished a lot this weekend. I moved the cab back on the frame 2" and moved the engine back the same amount. This created more room for the upper link on the drivers side and more room for the 42s at the firewall.

Uppers are now in. Cut down my 3rd link and made a new one. 2"x.25" DOM should work.

Trans mount inspired from the Jim's Garage buggies. Atlas will still have the TMR tail support off of the rear link crossmember. The crossbar will serve as some of the structure for my seat mounts.

I tied into the adapter as well.

Motor mounts are simple. I reused my rock tactics LS mounts.

Now that the drivetrain is mounted, I started on the tube work. Got a few tubes in last night then called it. More to come later this week.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I dig it. I love builds where the floor and firewall is cut out, but the body is stockish. drool

Thanks man. Its coming together pretty good so far. Still a long way to go before February.

A little tube work from last night. The air/hydraulic ram from HF finally took a **** on me and is leaking fluid so I only got 1.95 tubes bent (needed 3 more degrees to make the angles match up before the ram **** the bed). Ill get a new one today.

Anywho, here is the A-pillar on the drivers side. Its about as close to the roof as I could get it. I estimate about 1.5-2" more clearance over my previous cage. That combined with the lower seat mount should get me plenty of head room.

One step forward and two back. Bent up the passenger A pillar and couldnt get it to match the drivers side so I took out the drivers side and re-did it. The way i bent it on the passenger side gave me about an inch more headroom. It would have driven me nuts if the two were off. Its only DOM. haha. This fabrication stuff is hard. Going to work on the b-pillars tonight and maybe some of the roof depending on how things go.

passenger side. You can tell the difference from the pic above.

Both out the back.

Shitty pic but they are as close as i could get to the cab a-pillars.

Kept at it last night for a couple hours. Bent up the B-Pillars. Angled back some and tight against the body.

Trying to decide how angry i want the front crossbar to be.

Was in SC for the Aggie game this weekend so didnt get any work done on the squirrel, but did get a few tubes tacked in last night. I think the front bar may be a little too angry. It doesnt block my view any however. Any thoughts?

Rear bar is all the way up and back as i could get it for max headroom.

I hope to get the seat belt bar in tonight and maybe some additional bars.

Latest posts