• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Flu, please read

zukimaster

Hold my beer and watch this!
I normally don't give 2 shits about anything, but in the last couple of weeks I have known a couple different people die because of this! One was a healthy 31 year old guy, and the other one was my aunts friend that died last night from this, so if you or especially a kid gets sick, you better go to the doctor ASAP! There is several different kinds of it, but the bad one will get you in about 3 or 4 days.

Re:

Haven't had the flu but I about **** myself to death last Wednesday and Thursday. I **** around 25 times in two days. That virus going around aint no joke, I really thought about going to the ER one night.

Crazy that a strain of flu could kill a 31 year old man. That's bad ****. I'll be 31 in 10 days and couldn't imagine dying from something like the flu.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Keep that crap in bama.

Seriously though...sorry to hear about the losses. I've never had a flu shot and then this year to hear the shots weren't working just reaffirmed my reasonings. Hope we don't hear about much more of this though...

Almost everyone I know has been bad sick.

Wouldn't surprise me if I saw a fatal viral epidemic in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) The flu shot does not work. It is said to be about 10% effective this year, but I doubt it is that much.

2) There is not much your doctor can do. The only reason you should go is to test positive so you can get a work excuse. Treat the fever and symptoms with OTC meds. You can alternate ibuprofen and acetaminophen every two hours. (4 hours between doses on each individual med). The Dr might give you a steroid shot to help "boost" your immune system, but lets be real.. Its got to run its course. The flu is viral and CANNOT be treated with antibiotics. Viruses are difficult to kill with medication.

Its very rampant this year. I've never seen us get so many positives so fast. We went from 1-2 a week to like 5-6 a day for a week straight.

Wash your hands. Avoid sick folks. You should know the drill.

I got sick Monday night and woke up with a 102 degree fever. Fine today though so I think it might have been food poisoning. I was scared it was the flu though.

39 years old and just got over it. Tested posotive last Wed. I had the vaccine in early september. Never ran a fever but had all the other typical symptoms, doctor said not having the fever has been typical if you had the vaccine/shot.

Great, this is the first time I ever got a flu shot.....And I won't do ****. I was at the docs a couple of months ago getting a check up and the girl asked if I wanted the shot and I figured why not it was free anyway.

tonybolton said:
Now you're...."in the machine". I bet the 3-digit security code on the back of your Visa is 032. :) "Masons..."

The Army made sure I was "in the machine" in the early 80s...Eight shots in a row of something, my arms hurt for a couple of days.

I checked my cards.......Masons aint got me yet.

Dwill817 said:
1) The flu shot does not work. It is said to be about 10% effective this year, but I doubt it is that much.

2) There is not much your doctor can do. The only reason you should go is to test positive so you can get a work excuse. Treat the fever and symptoms with OTC meds. You can alternate ibuprofen and acetaminophen every two hours. (4 hours between doses on each individual med). The Dr might give you a steroid shot to help "boost" your immune system, but lets be real.. Its got to run its course. The flu is viral and CANNOT be treated with antibiotics. Viruses are difficult to kill with medication.

Its very rampant this year. I've never seen us get so many positives so fast. We went from 1-2 a week to like 5-6 a day for a week straight.

I'm assuming you work in a Drs office or are a doctor/nurse. I've always wondered how it's possible for people working in that environment to stay even remotely healthy with that much exposure. Does the exposure level build your immune system or what?

clemsonjeep said:
I'm assuming you work in a Drs office or are a doctor/nurse. I've always wondered how it's possible for people working in that environment to stay even remotely healthy with that much exposure. Does the exposure level build your immune system or what?

Yeah I work in the ER.. About to graduate as an RN.

It's 9AM and we have 7 on the board for Flu like symptoms. They don't understand it's not an emergency. :gtfo:

Yeah idk how we don't get sick all the time. Most of us here in 20-40s and healthy so I guess we just get lucky. Someone gets sick from time to time and I swear it seems like we all stay a little under the weather throughout the whole flu season so it's like it gets us but just barely..

Dwill817 said:

Correct because you cannot have a vaccine for a virus. Anyhow, it's nothing but a best guess and they are giving you the flu in a very small does so your T and B cells learn it to defend against it if your body comes in contact with that exact strand.

Also washing your hands in antibacterial soap all the time is bad. You kill the good and bad bacteria. The good bacteria on your body eats the bad and keeps you healthy.

"Exact" strand is the problem.. The flu changes every year and it's impossible to guess what is going to change about it.

Flu shots are just a big money making scheme. If hospitals get over 90% compliance they get extra accreditations which I'm sure equates to more money, etc.

Washing your hands isn't gonna shouldn't cause you any problem. Sure, you'll kill some normal flora but your hands touch so much it'll be back shortly.

Now overuse of antibiotics killing all the good bacteria in your GI tract can cause some issues. #e.coli :****: (pun intended)

People that say that hand sanitizers cause problems all they want. Before I started using them I stayed sick a lot. Now rarely ever which is the last few years of my 50 plus.

Sawzall said:
People that say that hand sanitizers cause problems all they want. Before I started using them I stayed sick a lot. Now rarely ever which is the last few years of my 50 plus.

I like to take a deep inhale of my hands after using that stuff. Aaaaawwwwwwwwyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaa!!!