• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

ill work 4 ya just so you can get it done faster!

You want to work in the store? or in the shop?

I sure hope the sammy t-case is up for the abuse this rig will dish out.Just in case Im trying to leave plenty of room,where I can swap a dana 300 case in there if needed.:awesomework:

Im heading out to Kevin's place tonight after work to pick up a toy pu 2 piece driveline.Ill use it to fab up my 2 piece unit,I think that will be the easiest way to go about that.Rather than completely build my own stuff.:cool:

Im anxious to see how well that will work out,dont want to get all hung up on building that for to long.But it atkes as long as it takes,im in no hurry(at least thats what I keep telling myself):D

Hey Micky I think im going to buy that 4.0l and xj from youre Dad.To go with the supper clean supper cheap xj I bought.$300.00 couldnt resist.:D just what I need a fawkin jeep:haha::haha:
t-casebucket296.jpg

t-casebucket300.jpg

yea what is he going to sell it to ya for??? i am sure that you can have what ever you want with it... ill work in the store! you can have the zuk to yourself. plus if i did it. it would come out looking like a jeep! LOL!

yea what is he going to sell it to ya for??? i am sure that you can have what ever you want with it... ill work in the store! you can have the zuk to yourself. plus if i did it. it would come out looking like a jeep! LOL!
You mean it would fall apart like a JEEP :fawkdancesmiley:

Lookin good man. :awesomework: That zuk case should hold up just fine, I'd definately go with a cradle mount, adding the mount around the rear output. Really strengthens things up.

Lookin good man. :awesomework: That zuk case should hold up just fine, I'd definately go with a cradle mount, adding the mount around the rear output. Really strengthens things up.

Cradle mount for sure,the old zuke had my custom one in it that I can continue to use.:;

t-casebucket044.jpg

t-casebucket043.jpg

Why the divorced mounting?

I think I still would have to go with the 2 piece driveline eavan if it where closer ,being married.I think this way it keeps things wide open for future upgrades.Maybe find a cheap dana 300 and build it right in my spare time. Then slapp it in, configured divorsed like this one.:beer::beer:

this should work

I picked up a toy pu 2 piece driveline set up from a buddy tonight.

Flipped the switch on the shop heater and got to work.Now im goin about this in rockmike fashion.Meaning potentialy making it much harder on myself just to save some $$ so I can buy more cool stuff!:redneck:

So I took my free! **** and brought a piece of d.o.m. home and made **** fit.:awesomework:the i.d. of the stock carrier bearing is 30mm and the timken unit is very expensive.So I brought home a standard chevy find it anyware $30.00 carrier bearing thats 1.378 i.d.

I turned down the back side of the flange off the front drivline side to fit inside the chevy carrier bearing.Then made a shim piece to fit the toy bearing face to the i.d of the chev carrier.Somthing like this.
t-casebucket306.jpg

Seems pretty sano? I hit my tollerances.I would like to harden the shim piece but I dont know how to do that.

Whatcha guys think?
:beer:

driveline ?'s

the carrier setup will sit somwhere in hear like this.Ill try to keep it front of the front bottom link mounts.Maybe use a cardon type joint at the carrier for the front dl?
t-casebucket307.jpg

Do you think a guy should put a slip joint between the t-case and the carrier?

This may be nessesary cause of the divorsed rubber mounted t-case.So I think I might just chop down this custom zuke shaft I'd built ,and put it in there.Id just have to hack off the tube end of the toy unit and machine it down to locate on a zuke flange,weld her up. :awesomework:Be kinda cool,that way the t-case drivelines are all zuke and the diff drivelines will be all toy:redneck:

t-casebucket308.jpg

:beer::beer:

Last edited:
um... my jeep is doing fine??? well thats cause it's been parked since i have no one to wheel with. but i will work for ya.

Its all good bud,its a zuke thing.I must fawk with :masturbanana[1]:JEEP:masturbanana[1]: guys:fawkdancesmiley::redneck:But I take it pretty easy on you cause youve had some zukes.LOL allthough the dana 60'd jeep is pretty cool.I have axle envy:haha::beer:

Last edited:
t-case mounts are built!!

I finished up my other t-case mount last night,very happy with the outcome.I just had a 4"x4"x1/4" angle iron.I wanted to put some go fast holes in it to lighten it up and make it easier to get the gack out of it for cleaning.It seemed like a good spot for mud and nap to build up in there.

So I put in my new vise!!!
t-casebucket309.jpg
(sorry to make this thread so much about me machining stuff but its me passion right now cause its so new to me)Its just this stage of the build I need to machine stuff,so im sharing.I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

I dont have any good hole saws,so I took this lil flycutter thing and ground the tool to cut a hole.It actually worked pretty well.
t-casebucket315.jpg

After I cut the holes in it,it still seemed kinda baulky so I put it back in the vise and grabbed another :beer:and made more chips:awesomework: this is what I got.

t-casebucket312.jpg

It looks like this when its in there.
t-casebucket314.jpg

front link length

So now I need to put the front housing in there so I can figure out where the links go.So I can figure out where to put the carrier bearing.

Im goin with the 3 link with panhard in the front.The top link will be independant(meaning not conected to the bottom link not like a radious arm set up)

Whats youre guys suggestion on what length to make the bottom link?

I was thinkin maybe 39" but that seems kinda long.

Suggestions please,Thanks MIke.:corn::beer:

heres some pics of the set up.This is a 40" bar in there figuring the tabs center hole will be around an inch away from the housing.So this would simulate 39" link length.
t-casebucket317.jpg

only 1/8 bubble off of level,that should be a good thing,right?
t-casebucket320.jpg

As it sits the chassis is 20 1/2" off the ground I could raise it up some.The axle center is 18" off the ground simluating a 38" tire.

Not much room for up travel.
t-casebucket319.jpg

t-casebucket318.jpg

:mad::eeek:

Last edited:
mike why did you mount your bushings wrong? I would think that the bottom bushing will wear really fast that way. Its looking cool though!!