• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"The mistress"

you need anything for that 2.3? i have a large amount of 2.3 parts at cheap prices are you intrested in a stock turbo manifold and t3/t4 off a turbo coupe
full efi setup like 2 of them

nice build

check out project white truck

Thisengine is a brain child of mine.Its a 2.3 block decked with a 2.0l head non mallested.In an attempt to make alot of bottom end.I cant boost this engine cause its 13:1 compression.

Now I have another engine I wanted to build for this new rig.Its a 2.3l long rod kit with the stubby pistons and a ranger roller head.BUt I dont have the budjet to do it right and have cash left to buy my beedlockes and mtr's.

btw I have been watching youre build,thats a great lil motor and set up,should be a blast to play with.Youll shock a few people that dont know what these ford 2.3l can do under a lil boost and not blow up.:cheer::cool:

In a few years Ill build the new 2.3 for it with 9:1 compression and a turbo set up.

Parts I would like to get:the turbo exhaust manifold

Decent condition timing belt cover.

pm me if ya can help me out with those 2 items.Thanks,Mike.:awesomework:

Last edited:

btw I have been watching youre build,thats a great lil motor and set up,should be a blast to play with.Youll shock a few people that dont know what these ford 2.3l can do under a lil boost and not blow up.:cheer::cool:

btw Ive been watching youre build.Thats going to be cool rig.Youll impress alot of folks that dont know the 2.3's.They are an amazing lil motor..especially with a some boost,wicked fast and the hold up really well.

:eeek:

Build looks good! Makes me wanna tear my pile apart again

:eeek:

Build looks good! Makes me wanna tear my pile apart again

Thanks man,I fixed that post..its monday.:redneck:

I guess some of the stuff ive done and will do isnt really nessesary,I just want it to look nice and hopfully perform as well as it should look.Its all good I have my sj to go beat on if im jonesing for some wheelin.:awesomework:

holly crap mike your gittin some remember thair is only 348 days until we leave for 2011 koh so git bussy. you :rb:bastard.

Ill get a calander up in the shop and start x'ing days bro!!

I was going to call ya up and come out last sat. night to watch those koh vids,but I worked on the zuk instead lol.

Maybe next weekend.:awesomework:

I got some more done on the zuk.

I had sort of a issue.The crank case breather on these motors is:rb:they leak and the part is discontinued anyway.

So I decided i would build my own breather.So i spun out a piece of alluminum and tapped it to 1/8 npt.Alll the breathers diffs/trans/t case/klune v/crank case will all go into 5/16 hoses that go to a ball valve manifold mounted on the dash,then to a filter set up.So when im 4 tires up I can reach up there and shut all my breather off so I dont leak oil all over.

the stock p.o.s.
zukbuild161.jpg

The hole in the block is .778 this piece is .780 and tappers up to .800 I machined some grooves in ther also so the sealer has a place to go.So Ill just put a deep freeze on this part and press it in there.
zukbuild159.jpg

zukbuild160.jpg

Got the motor all painted up ford blue and all the brackets and such are satin black.
zukbuild158.jpg

zukbuild157.jpg

Got my r&p back from Bobby,all heat treated and cryos and ready put together.
zukbuild156.jpg

Last edited:
Spent a few hours making chips building some custom spacers for the upper lionks on the rear 4 link.This way i can kinda play around with how much upper tringulation I give the set up.

axle mounts
zukbuild162-1.jpg

and the chassis

zukbuild163.jpg

will be ordering up a set of these soon,I think im going to take them straite the powder coater dude and have him powder coat the inside of the wheels satin black and leave the bead lock ring shiny:awesomework:

wheels.jpg

I think Im going to rename the zuk to..."FUK" besides I picked up a new Mistress aint she cute lol
sexy_sheep.jpg

R&P

Hey Mike,

That R&P looks really familiar. Build is looking good man. Guess I will have to get the KOH calender out also. Maybe Vegas will produce some Bronco funds.:awesomework:

Why not support a local 4x4 company Trail Ready? Similar wheels for the same price...

This is one of my favorite builds, the work you have done is awesome! Look forward to more!

This is one of my favorite builds, the work you have done is awesome! Look forward to more![/QUOTE]

Thanks man:beer: glad youre enjoying the build,Ill keep the updates coming.:redneck:

some progress

I ran into issues making the super bastard clutch set up to work out.So I had a custom clutch disc made for it.

Its a spring hub 4 puck kevlar disc.
zukbuild168.jpg

went ahead and had them make me 2
zukbuild165.jpg

Finished up the trunnion eliminater kit.Also did the 5 th stud mod.
zukbuild171.jpg

zukbuild173.jpg

Front end finally all assembled
zukibild129.jpg

and a Milestone for the build.

I pushed it outside,for the first time its out of the gargage!!!!

zukibild132.jpg

zukibild133.jpg

zukibild134.jpg

what a awsome feeling to have a roller again and to push it outside for a photo op.:cheer::beer:

Looking good. It's almost there.

Hey Staff amagine seeing ya over here.I wish Bro,but there a ton of work to do yet.

desighn/build tank mounts

Build the back half of the body

install tub

desighn/build seat mounts/belts

build tail gate

finish hood

build front bumper/winch mount

rear suck down winch

finish steering set up

build dash and all the other **** that goes with that

plumb fuel system

desighn build rad. mounts

install rad

plumb cooling system

wire it

exhaust

build all the skids

build drivelines

plumb brake system

figure out what m/c to use

build caliper mounts for rear disc conversion

shock mounts top and bottom (front axle bottom shock mounts are done)

wire and plumb the arb stuff

Damn kinda overwhelming,one thing at a time.Some day before koh 2011 I hope.:redneck: