• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

the perfect differential gearing?

43's
5.0case
AX15

May be a lil high for the west coast guys. But for the south east you can still run a good size pinion. Extremely Tall in high though!

It's been a great one so far! Has the low max 4:1 with 32 spline output shafts! Is there an upgrade case for the Dana 300?

Re:

I know Stak used to make one, I just could never talk myself into throwing money at a 300, kinda like a "super 35" or rcv's in a d30. Atlas or Hero FTW

Re:

Yea....I kinda lol'd at that.

My 4.1 / 32 spline in- outputs / gears junked even before the case split.

Granted....I made it last a year or so....but I don't make alot HP.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Yea....I kinda lol'd at that.

My 4.1 / 32 spline in- outputs / gears junked even before the case split.

Granted....I made it last a year or so....but I don't make alot HP.

Yea I hear you beat your rig like you stole it too

Re: Re: the perfect differential gearing?

tonybolton said:
I was gonna ask you if you lost anything going from manual to C6. Whatcha think so far?

Well, since I added about half as much more power than I had, I'd so no to losing anything. I actually like the auto a lot, except for the fact it self destructed(pump shattered) on atomic ridge. I had it rebuilt, and haven't had any luck getting the tranny to shift right. Been through the linkage a half dozen times and am going to call the builder tomorrow (I haven't really been working on it a lot).

I was worried about the 3:1 and the auto being geared too high, but I'm impressed with the way it gets around and responds to the skinny pedal. Plus, I've got 5.44:1 for when I need to really crawl.

Re: Re: Re: the perfect differential gearing?

wimpykid said:
Well, since I added about half as much more power than I had, I'd so no to losing anything. I actually like the auto a lot, except for the fact it self destructed(pump shattered) on atomic ridge. I had it rebuilt, and haven't had any luck getting the tranny to shift right. Been through the linkage a half dozen times and am going to call the builder tomorrow (I haven't really been working on it a lot).

I was worried about the 3:1 and the auto being geared too high, but I'm impressed with the way it gets around and responds to the skinny pedal. Plus, I've got 5.44:1 for when I need to really crawl.
Dang I hate to hear that, I assume that's the trans and tcase you got from me?

I hope that the tcase is legit.

I lost about $1000 on that combo and never ran it, sounds like it didn't treat you much better.

Sorry man

Re: Re: Re: the perfect differential gearing?

TBItoy said:
Dang I hate to hear that, I assume that's the trans and tcase you got from me?

I hope that the tcase is legit.

I lost about $1000 on that combo and never ran it, sounds like it didn't treat you much better.

Sorry man

It is.

No worries, I think the tranny was right, it was just a parts failure. T case is working good.

I am in the process of planning the next build

I am running 5.13s now in a hi pinion 60, I will probably rob that axle from the Toyota for the new one ( it is as built as you can get a D60 with the exception of brass kingpin bushings and inner Cs. I have a 4.3 Atlas for the new one.

What I am having a hard time deciding is whether or not to stick with what I have and try it out or go ahead and re-gear the 60 down to say a 4.56....orrr swap the 4.3 atlas out for a 3.0 or something like that. I realize the pinion isn't as big/strong in the 5.13s. Also, the rear 60 will be staying in the Toyota so I would only have to re-gear one axle instead of two. The new build will be getting a 14bolt and I know 4.56 are easily found in those.

the new one will be a tube chassis, on 42in treps, auto, mildly built LS (in the 400hp range)

Toyota will be getting another D60 (probably less built) for the front

Thoughts?

and with that being said, I am looking for a 14b for the new one and a replacement 60 for the yota

Thanks

smbroady82 said:

I am running 5.13s now in a hi pinion 60, I will probably rob that axle from the Toyota for the new one ( it is as built as you can get a D60 with the exception of brass kingpin bushings and inner Cs. I have a 4.3 Atlas for the new one.

What I am having a hard time deciding is whether or not to stick with what I have and try it out or go ahead and re-gear the 60 down to say a 4.56....orrr swap the 4.3 atlas out for a 3.0 or something like that. I realize the pinion isn't as big/strong in the 5.13s. Also, the rear 60 will be staying in the Toyota so I would only have to re-gear one axle instead of two. The new build will be getting a 14bolt and I know 4.56 are easily found in those.

the new one will be a tube chassis, on 42in treps, auto, mildly built LS (in the 400hp range)

Thoughts?

and with that being said, I am looking for a 14b for the new one and a replacement 60 for the yota

Thanks
My new buggy is getting a 3.0 atlas with 513s, keeping the rear 14 bolt, and build a 14 front using my knuckles and hubs off of my lp 60. That way I only have to put gears in 1 axle.

smbroady82 said:

Thoughts?

Thanks

What transmission and tire?

@ Broady : Seems to me you're answering your own question.
Re-gear the 60 and rock on. New gears are like 200 bucks and you keep your atlas and can easily find a rear detroit locked 4.56 geared 14 bolt from a cucv.