• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Toyota

PHILLBILLY1

Not really a build thread. I got this from Mike(K2Blazen) and with help from him and others on this board, I have finally got it going!
What is it? It's a 1979 SR5 2WD Shortbed Toyota w/ a 22R that has a 20R head. It scoots:redneck:

gayvan003.jpg

Under the hood. Kinda messy, but I am working on cleaning it up:awesomework:
gayvan006.jpg

The "bastard" part. See how tight of a fit it is!
gayvan007.jpg

Interior(so far) It was pretty dirty. It had a huge hole in the tranny tunnel that I had to patch. Booby shaped cup holder.:redneck:
gayvan004.jpg

The door panels were destroyed, so I made some out of some thick paper matting(temporary)
gayvan008.jpg

That's it so far. The question is, do I lower it a couple inches on some 17's or should I lift it a couple inches on some 29" tsl's? :redneck:

Last edited:
Dude! I like it! Fawk lowering it, get some take-offs from a newer truck and put the biggest widest street tires that'll fit under it. Rally truck! :squirrel:

if you already got a wheeler bag that SOB that is what i plan to do when im done with my projects

No wheeler anymore..... yet...
Dude! I like it! Fawk lowering it, get some take-offs from a newer truck and put the biggest widest street tires that'll fit under it. Rally truck! :squirrel:

I love these first gens:awesomework: That 22R w/20R head really scoots. I asn't expecting the power it has:redneck:

PRERUNNER:awesomework:

I am trying to find pictures of my oldwhite one that had the 29's on it. I kinda wanna recreate it, just a little better this time around:awesomework:

15's, lo-pro tire, bag it. :awesomework:

That's where I am torn. These things look killer setup like that. Definately not an easy decision.

Lift and tires:awesomework: Then you can use it to rip up fire roads and what not till you get into a wheeler again:beer:

I had a 1988 2WD toyta and lifted it a couple inches on some 29" tsl's. That thing actually did really well for what it was:awesomework:

One word. Donk. :redneck:

AAAAAWWWWWEEEEE SSSHHHHHHEEEIIITTTT! :haha: Maybe if when I lift it for the 29's, I will throw a set of 26" wheels on it just for a photo session.:haha:

Giving it a little face lift. Nothin fancy or "bling", but I like it better than the paintjob it had. I am about halfway done.

rccrawler021.jpg

rccrawler020.jpg

I am going with black as the main color and blue as the "accent" color. :awesomework:

Pretty much finished painting it for now. I know, flat black.......everyone does it....blah blah...

rccrawler022.jpg

rccrawler023.jpg

Hood isn't latched all the way(hence the gap):redneck:
rccrawler024.jpg