• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Turtle Build

i know ya said u was gonna do a long travel before u did a straight axle... but i got a toy front thats been flipped and the balls turned so its driver drop..... lmk if ur interested..

buhlandy said:
i know ya said u was gonna do a long travel before u did a straight axle... but i got a toy front thats been flipped and the balls turned so its driver drop..... lmk if ur interested..

Send me a PM

zukiscott said:
AW HELL......... just don,t get all CRAZY and bolt the entire "ESCAPE FROM JURASSIC PARK KIT" on the TURTLE man :flipoff1:

Don't give away my secrets!!!

jurassic-park-jeep.jpg

Funny, I just saw a early 90's Exploder the other day painted maroon/green/yellow in a tri-tone from top to bottom. Only there was no masking done and it looked like they used a paint brush and a few gallons of Glidden....over the rust mind you. :****: I thought, wow, that movie is OLD and someone still thinks it's cool to do that **** to their vehicle.

You solid axle that Jrich and I will personally come down in the Vitty, tea bag you, smash a natty light can on your forehead and take a dump on yer chest. (all true other than me driving the vitty down there)

HOLY ****.......that pic of that exploder "PRE T-REX MASHIN".....and both of yalls posts bout made me spew coffee on the computer molaugh molaugh molaugh

Bones said:
You solid axle that Jrich and I will personally come down in the Vitty)

I don't plan on it, but what's your reason behind leaving it ifs? Other than that is my original plan...

CheapJ7 said:
I don't plan on it, but what's your reason behind leaving it ifs? Other than that is my original plan...
Ummm IFS is now kewl and long travel IFS is kewlest

Personally if you really don't want to tear this rig up, leave it IFS and enjoy the ride on the road and mild abilities off road. I did IFS back in 99 and even went to Moab. Granted I was a newb then and didn't do **** like Pritchet, but it drove there and back. FWIW I ran 4.88's, EZ lockers, 33" TSL (measured 35") on my freshly rebuilt 22RE'ed 4Runner it did "ok" if it was downhill or flat ground laughing1

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yea, that's my goal. Just wanted to hear your thoughts. I've never been one to really abuse my junk to the point of disaster anyway. Prolly gonna end up with the 33at's for crusin duty and have a set of stock wheels with 34x10.5 ltb's for the dedicated wheelin weekends. Having a rig that had to be trailered everywhere just became a hassle and waaay to expensive.

Definitely going with a trail-gear style low pro front bumper w mini-squared off stinger. Can't decide If I want to try and have one built or just bite the bullet and pay for theirs...

I could wing the whole thing.
Buy the winch plate for $136 then Add my tube
Pay $500 for theirs... Doubt it...

Would add plate in the gaps and some lo-pro blinkers in the plate. Also plate the top.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice looking bumper. If you can build it (have the welder/bender) build it.

I hated wheeling when I got to trailering it. It sat there 95% of the time, cruise around the neighborhood is all I could do. But once to the wheeling location I loved not having to worry, but then I just broke more ****.

I like your direction and hoping you stick with it and enjoy it.

Bones said:
I hated wheeling when I got to trailering it. It sat there 95% of the time, cruise around the neighborhood is all I could do.

Shoot son, I'm rockin farm plates on the buggy and cruise that bish errwhere. :ban:

B Gillespie said:
Shoot son, I'm rockin farm plates on the buggy and cruise that bish errwhere. :ban:
Oh was plated and insured, but 40's, and a 4cyl and 5th gear was worthless and top speed was 50 and scary. It was fun while it lasted.