• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Things are changing..

Go to an RTW meeting there is about a dozen people there

Seems like the problem is obvious. 12 people care enough to be involved, the other thousands who use the area in any given week just want to stand back, let others do the work, then bitch about the end result.

If the motorized users can't get over their sniveling and whining amongst and between their respective groups, and find a way to become a unified voice, the greenies have already won.

crash i'll be at the meeting i wanna do anything i can to help we all need to get better organized and learn to work togeather.
is there ever multi club head meets, or multi club meets

Meeting starts about 7:pm and goes at least an hour unless there is nothing to discuss. shortest meeting was 30 mins. Some times we close the place.

So what can a Guy like me offer? There is alot of us out there I live 3 hours away and do use the trails on occasion is there a way to post projects that can need to be completed or innitaited for people that are heading up for just a weekend. Maybe just something that needs to be finished instead of twice a year trail cleans have weekend projects so things are getting done every weekend by people using the trails every weekend? I think that would work out better foralot of people it could even be something like the hosting program at evans. I really want to help out but due to my carreer I do not have the opertunity like some.

Seems like the problem is obvious. 12 people care enough to be involved, the other thousands who use the area in any given week just want to stand back, let others do the work, then bitch about the end result.

If the motorized users can't get over their sniveling and whining amongst and between their respective groups, and find a way to become a unified voice, the greenies have already won.

EXACTLY my point!
So we'll see you on Wednesday?
Alfy's in Snohomish 7PM

:(

A fellow WATTORA Officer posted this up this evening:

sierraclubreiter.jpg

This was scanned "from the latest issue of the Sierra Clubs Cascade Crest.".

That guy who wrote that article is considered a "wilderness hero"

http://www.leaveitwild.org/news/newsletter/issue/2005-02/wilderness_hero

Just how many miles of hiking trails do these people REALLY need?:mad::mad:

Lets face it folks, in todays society being "Green" (insert PC environmental action here) is the rage.

Not only is it easy for them to stand there on soap box and spout "Green" propoganda, it's easy to get on board with and support at every level, plus, with all the focus on this "Green" initiative crap, every politician will not so much as flinch at the opportunity to jump on the band wagon to ride this until there next election victory.

Wheelin is not "Green"

So, how do you fight the entire political system of "Green"?

Let's face it, there are a lot of other State & Federal sponsored activities that are less "Green" than wheeling...logging...mining...commercial fishing...rural development...etc...

While the "Greenies" may potest these activities there is no way that the government is going to do anything about them in the short term, so where then are the "Greenies" going to focus their attention?

:rb::rb::rb::rb:

just think if they logged reiter the eco terrorist world freak lol :fawkdancesmiley: after all thats what it was in the first place logging roads.
On a serious note look at tahuya they have camp sites and have overcome the eco freaks because the 4 wheelers and dirbikers have a bigger voice.
Couldnt we be doing like fund raisers or something,
is there something more

you guys cant drive over those little barriers??? pfffft :eeek:

screw the eco freaks and the barriers. we were there first.

:flipoff:

Lets face it folks, in todays society being "Green" (insert PC environmental action here) is the rage.

Not only is it easy for them to stand there on soap box and spout "Green" propoganda, it's easy to get on board with and support at every level, plus, with all the focus on this "Green" initiative crap, every politician will not so much as flinch at the opportunity to jump on the band wagon to ride this until there next election victory.

Wheelin is not "Green"

So, how do you fight the entire political system of "Green"?

Let's face it, there are a lot of other State & Federal sponsored activities that are less "Green" than wheeling...logging...mining...commercial fishing...rural development...etc...

While the "Greenies" may potest these activities there is no way that the government is going to do anything about them in the short term, so where then are the "Greenies" going to focus their attention?

:rb::rb::rb::rb:

How funny---well said brad...

I know we can't change the world, and we can't change the minds of some. But we can try to hold onto what we have for a little longer..

But jaydog really put the head to the hammer.

EXACTLY my point!
So we'll see you on Wednesday?
Alfy's in Snohomish 7PM

If it was at all possible for me to be there, I would, and I don't even use Reiter :awesomework:

A thought / question - in the wheeling community, we have the PNW4WDA, who fight for the rights of the wheeling community. Do the motorcycle and ATV crowds have comprable, locally based, organizations? I apologize for my ignorance, but if they do have an organization(s), have they all ever gotten together to compare notes?

If it was at all possible for me to be there, I would, and I don't even use Reiter :awesomework:

A thought / question - in the wheeling community, we have the PNW4WDA, who fight for the rights of the wheeling community. Do the motorcycle and ATV crowds have comprable, locally based, organizations? I apologize for my ignorance, but if they do have an organization(s), have they all ever gotten together to compare notes?

Yes, Yes and Yes www.wohva.org :cheer:

sorry for the repost but no response and I am very interested

There is allot of us out there that live 3 hours away from Reiter and do use the trails on occasion is there a way to post projects that can/need to be completed or initiated for people that are heading up for just a weekend. Maybe just something that needs to be finished. Instead of twice a year trail cleans have weekend projects so things are getting done every weekend by people using the trails every weekend? I think that would work out better for a lot of people it could even be something like the hosting program at Evans. I really want to help out but due to my career I do not have the opportunity like some.

There is allot of us out there that live 3 hours away from Reiter and do use the trails on occasion is there a way to post projects that can/need to be completed or initiated for people that are heading up for just a weekend. Maybe just something that needs to be finished. Instead of twice a year trail cleans have weekend projects so things are getting done every weekend by people using the trails every weekend? I think that would work out better for a lot of people it could even be something like the hosting program at Evans. I really want to help out but due to my career I do not have the opportunity like some.

Evans is FS, while Elbe, Walker Valley, Tahuya and Reiter are all DNR, I'm not aware of any hosting programs at any of the DNR campgrounds, also Reiter isn't an official "ORV Park" yet.

you guys cant drive over those little barriers??? pfffft :eeek:

screw the eco freaks and the barriers. we were there first.

:flipoff:

It sounds like the DNR wants to have a buffer zone between the trails and the main road, so non ORV people are less likely to see the trails and complain. "out of sight, out of mind"

Evans is FS, while Elbe, Walker Valley, Tahuya and Reiter are all DNR, I'm not aware of any hosting programs at any of the DNR campgrounds, also Reiter isn't an official "ORV Park" yet.

The DNR is trying to start a "trail Watch program" where clubs/users sign up to watch the ORV areas on weekends and stop vandalism of the camping facilities. Most high school vandals/party people don't know that volunteers do almost all of the work at the ORV parks.
:mad:

Latest posts