• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about dropping a deposit on a Jimmy Smith Chassis....post up some pics!

i whas think two base plates also and keeping them low i heard the high doubles on one was having problems with power

unsure of the other brands, mine came from propaneguy.com and is only 1.5" think. it is definitly easier to setup linkage and everything

Joel's buggy is my old ride, I built several years back. That is the adapter with two base plates. Had to run dual mixers, but performance wise was day & night. Use to starve out with one 425 on it. Seemed like going from a 425 carb to a 850. Best way I can describe it. Really made motor come alive,and never had anymore problems

change the gas valve to a lean valve part # av1-1644-2 thats from any impco dealer..its made for 370cid and bigger.iv talked to some guys at allternet fuels he has a big block chevelle that runs in the 10s in the quarter mile on propane.they can tell you what to use to make good power...im running a 421cid small block chevy with 14.1 compression with a 680 solid roller cam and brodix heads with a single 425 kit...no problem.. cfm plays a part in hp.but a wiston cup engine uses 390cfm and make around 750hp on gas.i think a 425 mixer has around 460cfm.i dont know how much hp can be made on propane.

zukiscott said:
HAH.........PROPANE over fuel injection on an OFF ROAD ONLY BUGGY ...........ANY DAY

KISS..........KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.....

and don,t give me that "YEA BUT FUEL INJECTION GIVES YOURE ENGINE ABOUT 15-25 MORE HORSEPOWER" CRAP...

YEA it DOES .................SO WHAT ............AIN,T NO ENGINE DYNO,S ON THE TRAIL :****:

My ZUKI runs waaaay better than one that somebody has went through the trouble to convert it over to a tracker 1.6 fuel injected engine, & IT DON,T HAVE all the computer/sensor/wire nitemare CRAP .

Guess yall can tell I like my zuki on the PROPANE ;D

It is a 1.3 , head shaved 30 over, 3 angle valve job ,worked & port matched to the intake/Doug Thorley header , Cal Mini 2000-6000 camshaft & a Got Propane . com propane setup .

How many bottles do you use in one day?

beadlockring2.jpg

My new ring design from Wide Open Design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i'm at harlan i use 2-3 bottles depend on how much trail riding and it always a long way back out of the hills

beadlocks badass! wow that alot propane! i was hoping mine wouldnt use that much in a day!! plus i only hold one tank, sumbody be haulin my tanks around! and cooler!!!

When I ran the pane I would go through about a tank and a half a day on a small block. I have fast ez efi now and absolutely love it. The only thing I liked better about the pane is how safe it was. If I ever ran a 4 banger again I would put propane on it if it wasn't already injected.

Chris, Those rings are the catsass :woot:

CTomlinson said:
when i'm at harlan i use 2-3 bottles depend on how much trail riding and it always a long way back out of the hills

I can ride GRAY ROCK or MORRISS MTN. ETC. , on one 8 gal. tank for 3 days, when I go to HARLAN I use 3/4 of a tank the first day , and then I strap in another full tank for the next day :dblthumb:

That little 1.3 just SIPS propane ...........even turnin 3000 to 5500 RPM ......A LOT :****:

YOUNG said:
I like your vids, but the extreme close-ups are too much.

Yeah it was closer in than I would have liked but It was sitting on the trailer still and didnt give me a whole lot of room to play with. I just wanted to show the detail that went into this rig.

I dont mind some of the close up but I was really hoping you would back up about 15 feet so I could see the whole rig.

Latest posts