• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about dropping a deposit on a Jimmy Smith Chassis....post up some pics!

YES SIR,.......them Jimmy Smith chassis are TOUGH too ................

RBD2010041-1.jpg

RBD2010042-1.jpg

ALL THAT and NOTHIN BROKE :woot: :woot:

Swafford Racing said:
jimmy and tommy built my chassis alittle over a yr ago.they build some killer buggys thanks

sick buggy, only thing I'd change is put some real seats in it.. man I don't know how you guys sit in them aluminum things...

Man, he builds some nice stuff drool drool. Are most of you just buying the frame and building the rest? or is he building turn key's. For you guys that are building them, most of ya's running big blocks or small block motors?? Not to be nosey, what kinda money we talking getting into one of these?? $25k-$30k?? Just want to know how long i need to save my pennies for!! Haha

Crhall said:
Man, he builds some nice stuff drool drool. Are most of you just buying the frame and building the rest? or is he building turn key's. For you guys that are building them, most of ya's running big blocks or small block motors?? Not to be nosey, what kinda money we talking getting into one of these?? $25k-$30k?? Just want to know how long i need to save my pennies for!! Haha

Some of the real bling bling can go for asmuch as 60 to80k i think. Some that try to stay on a budget can go between 15 and 25k correct me if im wrong...

thanks for pics hotrod! soon as get my heims from ruffstuff i building suspension. built my truss like Jimmy builds then i gonna run upper front links like on TC's buggy. the pics help see other ways of doing things. Jimmy cool dude i need idea for sumthing, i text him and he gets rite back to me with how to do sumthing! He did charge extra for a batman star i wanted welded on!! :fish:

Well I ended up selling my Yota truggy the other day......FINALLY! Prolly be after the first of the year before I can do anything. I would love to pick up a roller from him but I would have to make several trips out there to take axles and all that crap. Trying to find a line ona set of cheap tons to buy so I can get them in the prep stage. With the holidays here and a week long ski trip to Colorado on the 17th Im pretty tied up right now.

Thats prolly what Im gonna do. I cant afford to find axles, tcase, coil overs, links, blah, blah, blah and take them out there. Gonna have to be a "find a deal at a time" type of thing.

Jimmy had mock up sbc, th350,205 and i had all my drivetrain up here in Ohio so to save a trip i paid Jimmy and he built my chassis, floor and headers without any my ****. all i had to do make one trip to pick it up in Chattanooga and everything on mine fits perfect. linking mine now, Jimmy and Tommy big help if ya have any questions bout any part of build,

Well that was the plan but I was planning on running an Atlas cause I just dont think the 205 is low geared enough stock and the LoMax kit is way overpriced (same as an Atlas nearly). When I talked to Jimmy he said he had no way of mocking up around an Atlas. I guess if a 205 fits then an Atlas will have plenty of room.

Re: Thinking about dropping a deposit on a Jimmy Smith Chassis....post up some p

Glen1978 said:
Well that was the plan but I was planning on running an Atlas cause I just dont think the 205 is low geared enough stock and the LoMax kit is way overpriced (same as an Atlas nearly). When I talked to Jimmy he said he had no way of mocking up around an Atlas. I guess if a 205 fits then an Atlas will have plenty of room.

SFR Atlas II mockup dummy

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829897&highlight=atlas+mock

I love the looks of these buggies. One thing im curious about is how the visibility is with them? Seems like the front end is pretty long. Maybe im wrong. The do look and work awesome for sure.

yeah I think the whole TN concept is point and shoot anyway.....so you really dont need to see whats in front of you. I dont care they look cool and I want one. :woot: