• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about picking up a new welder...

dirtygoat

Looking at the Lincoln 180 wire feed...

The one I've been using worked really good...

But, is no longer availible to me...

Right now I'm tacking everything in place with a 100 amp mig...

What machines are you guys using and what do you think about it???

star light swap meet had 1 today out side wanted $220

out side towards end almost picked it up it was clean wish I found that deal when I was in the market for one.220 amp lincoln looked barly used clean tip and shield .

180's are a good machine---if you can spring for it, go 210---you'll be happy you did... When I got my Miller 210, I was actually looking at the Miller 180, but had the few extra bucks and when for it!!!
Either way you go, you'll be happy...:awesomework:

I have a 110V lincoln 100amp machine with .023 wire in it.

Then I have a 220V miller 175amp machine with .030 in it.

Lastly I have a 220V SNAPON 225amp machine with .035 wire for large jobs.

I think if I had bought the MM175 first I probally woulndt have the other two.

I had the 100amp machine along time ago. I decided I needed a bigger machine so I got the 225amp machine. I got tired of all the "arc welder jokes" and decided I needed a medium sized machine. So I got the 175 and use the **** out of it more than the other two.:awesomework:

i love my MM 252:cool: oh ya and i love my spool gun attachment to:beer:

i also like MM 175 is a good welder, it will weld anything you would ever want to put on a rig...

I really really like my Millermatic 210, i can weld thin gauge sheet metal with .023 and weld 1/2" plate with .030/.035 if i bevel the edge(duh right?). The only thing i don't like about it is that it's not a TIG:cool:, the only thing better is a 250. then you get digital and more power. I've used all the Millermatics and the 210 is best all around without going overboard. there is nothing on a wheeler you couldn't weld. also i've used, but dont own any lincolns, they are of equal quality in my opinion, what do you like, red or blue?:cool:

just don't get anything smaller than a 175 or 180 series. I have a 135 110v and it's OK for small stuff and tacking, but i dont' even use it, just can't bring myself to sell it.

Last edited:
Whoops gone now. I just ordered the Miller 211, it was $970 and has a $75 dollar rebate. I really didn't want to buy a used machine. I think I will be happy with the 211 for quite a while.

Latest posts