• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

thinking about putting a bigger engine in?

sixty-nine

most of the people that have newer rigs that want to swap out their engines usually have to either one register their vehicel in a area that doesnt do IM's or two change the vin plate and title to show an older vehicel.

today i had to go to the IM place to get my truck smogged. while i was there i found out some interesting information. its totally legal to put a bigger engine in your rig as long as you one tell them the size of the motor. two meet the requirements for that year....ie fuel injection motor replace with a fuel injection motor that runs clean.

all and all they were pretty cool about it. i asked if they ran across rigs like what i wanted to do and they said yes all the time. oh and they love rigs that are powered by propane.

this was per the manager at the auburn IM place

Beware.....That may be the story now but they change the standards every year. Next year after you do the swap it will likely be a different story.:rolleyes:

Binder said:
Beware.....That may be the story now but they change the standards every year. Next year after you do the swap it will likely be a different story.:rolleyes:

i should have added that everyone that wants to do this should check with their local IM place.

btw i have a back up plan if this does change. thank gawd for having friends that own car lots:clappy: :flipoff:

still a little confused: When you put the bigger motor in you still have to pass emissions as per the origional motor? Or, do you have to pass emissions as per the donor vehicle??

we dont need no stinking emissions test :flipoff:

Stroke the motor you have now. :redneck: