• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

this is only Stage 1... Toyota

bigd9247

So I guess I will post up my mild project for everyone to see. This has been a major project for me (first build-up of a truck) but I am very happy with how it's turning out. Please keep in mind that this is only Stage 1, I know this truck will evolve over time... Stage 2 is going to be 4-link and coilovers, but that wont be for a while since I have no money.

Truck:

-1992 Toyota Extended Cab (was a mild rollover that I picked up for $500 w/o motor, tranny, t-case)

Engine/Tranny/T-case:
-1993 Vortec 4.3L V6 (CPI) that I completely rebuilt
-bored .030 over, Crane Cams cam, high volume oil pump, roller rockers, roller lifters, Advance Adapters headers, custom exhaust built by me (w/ help from friends)
-TH350 tranny
-toyota t-case (twin-sticked)

Axles/Suspension/SAS:
-front Sky's Manufacturing full-width crossmember
-Wagoneer Dana 44, locked up, cromoly axle shafts, w/spare parts
-Wagoneer front leaf springs (7 leaves)
-crossover steering
-Toyota Tacoma rear axle
-63" Chevies
-14" Bilsteins all around
-4.10 gears

Tires/Wheels:
-35x13.50x15 Toyo Open Country MT's (shoulda got 37's...)
-15x8 Black Steelies

Other Stuff:
-rock lights
-steel locking center console
-Subaru bucket seats
-3" body lift installed by previous owner

Still need to finish:

-mount front shocks and figure out if the 14" travel shocks are too long... might need 12" shocks
-shorten square front driveshaft
-replace torque converter (i went to take my truck out for a test drive and the damn tranny was all messed up... Snohomish Transmission says its got to be the torque converter so hopefully it is)
-re-gear front axle
-break-in engine (it runs like a champ though :))
-finish up some minor **** like replace broken passenger side window, etc
-and finally when i get some time and money, i want to build a flat-bed

Before Buildup:
moreRandomPictures049.jpg

Bye Bye IFS:
toyota_pickup004.jpg

Engine Being Installed:
DSC01410.jpg

Front and Rear Supensions installed:
DSC01412.jpg

Engine Hooked up:
DSC01542.jpg

Twin Sticks, Shifter, Custom Boot:
DSC01546.jpg

As it sits right now waiting to be worked on:
DSC01598.jpg

Doesn't it look lonely...
DSC01599.jpg

*the last two pics were taken before the exhaust was finished. but nothing else has really changed other than the fact that i pulled the tranny back out to replace the torque converter

sweet project, good choice actually on the 35's little easier on the axles. keep up the good work:awesomework:

So I guess I will post up my mild project for everyone to see. This has been a major project for me (first build-up of a truck) but I am very happy with how it's turning out. Please keep in mind that this is only Stage 1, I know this truck will evolve over time... Stage 2 is going to be 4-link and coilovers, but that wont be for a while since I have no money.

Truck:

-1992 Toyota Extended Cab (was a mild rollover that I picked up for $500 w/o motor, tranny, t-case)

Engine/Tranny/T-case:
-1993 Vortec 4.3L V6 (CPI) that I completely rebuilt
-bored .030 over, Crane Cams cam, high volume oil pump, roller rockers, roller lifters, Advance Adapters headers, custom exhaust built by me (w/ help from friends)
-TH350 tranny
-toyota t-case (twin-sticked)

Axles/Suspension/SAS:
-front Sky's Manufacturing full-width crossmember
-Wagoneer Dana 44, locked up, cromoly axle shafts, w/spare parts
-Wagoneer front leaf springs (7 leaves)
-crossover steering
-Toyota Tacoma rear axle
-63" Chevies
-14" Bilsteins all around
-4.10 gears

Tires/Wheels:
-35x13.50x15 Toyo Open Country MT's (shoulda got 37's...)
-15x8 Black Steelies

Other Stuff:
-rock lights
-steel locking center console
-Subaru bucket seats
-3" body lift installed by previous owner

Still need to finish:

-mount front shocks and figure out if the 14" travel shocks are too long... might need 12" shocks
-shorten square front driveshaft
-replace torque converter (i went to take my truck out for a test drive and the damn tranny was all messed up... Snohomish Transmission says its got to be the torque converter so hopefully it is)
-re-gear front axle
-break-in engine (it runs like a champ though :))
-finish up some minor **** like replace broken passenger side window, etc
-and finally when i get some time and money, i want to build a flat-bed

Before Buildup:
moreRandomPictures049.jpg

Bye Bye IFS:
toyota_pickup004.jpg

Engine Being Installed:
DSC01410.jpg

Front and Rear Supensions installed:
DSC01412.jpg

Engine Hooked up:
DSC01542.jpg

Twin Sticks, Shifter, Custom Boot:
DSC01546.jpg

As it sits right now waiting to be worked on:
DSC01598.jpg

Doesn't it look lonely...
DSC01599.jpg

*the last two pics were taken before the exhaust was finished. but nothing else has really changed other than the fact that i pulled the tranny back out to replace the torque converter

looks good :awesomework: whats stage 2:cheer:

Man that thing thing is looking sweet:awesomework: I can't believe thats the same truck u started with. I so pumped to go wheeling FINALLY!!!! I remember that first in your garage listen to you talk about the plans i never thought you would get all of it done so damn quick! Great job bro mad props! You should stop by sometime soon we are out of the house the 25th of this month:booo:

421 - Stage 2 is going to be 4-links with coilovers, maybe a truggy kind of build or at least an exo-cage. haven't really decided.... all i know is that Stage 2 isn't going to be for a long, long, long (you get the idea) time.

angelfly - i'll try to come by on thursday or maybe this weekend. i'm so itching to get this thing done and out on the trail... damn school and projects around my mom's house are keeping me away from working on it :mad:

Well if ya ever want any help i am only right up the street. . . . well for 2 weeks and then i will be down the street:awesomework: Ya I cant wait to see that thing wheeling! If u stop by thursday i am working till around 5 so make sure its after if possible. I will get the ford in the garage tomorrow and finish up my junk enuff so we can go on a break in run together:redneck:

Well if ya ever want any help i am only right up the street. . . . well for 2 weeks and then i will be down the street:awesomework: Ya I cant wait to see that thing wheeling! If u stop by thursday i am working till around 5 so make sure its after if possible. I will get the ford in the garage tomorrow and finish up my junk enuff so we can go on a break in run together:redneck:

sounds good. you are definitely coming when i do my break in run. sadly that won't be for a while still. i'm going to try and work on it some more this weekend if i can but it most likely wont be ready for Reiter for another month or so.

Nice work bud! :awesomework: The rear axle from your truck is being put to good use in my runner. And the yoke I got from you worked great for my square driveline! Didn't even put snap rings on the u-joint, just pounded the caps down and tacked them in place....... I know what you guys are thinking :redneck:

Can't be too lonely. Look at all the parts and tools and stuff laying around it!

Looks good. Don't forget the final pictures. You know, the ones taken on the trails!

I didn't realize Chris is already selling the blazer. . . Did he even ever drive that thing off pavement once??? That is just retarted. Its on craigslist for 2400.

GET THIS PIG DONE DAMMIT WE NEED TO WHEEL!!!!

I didn't realize Chris is already selling the blazer. . . Did he even ever drive that thing off pavement once??? That is just retarted. Its on craigslist for 2400.

GET THIS PIG DONE DAMMIT WE NEED TO WHEEL!!!!

Yeah Chris is trying to sell the Blazer. He wants to get something more reliable and with better gas mileage. He has been daily driving that beast ever since he bought it. But I don't think he has ever taken it off road.

Haha yeah I know that I need to get my **** done. I am pretty close to having the gazebo that i'm building at my mom's house done... then I'll have time to finish the 'Yota.

Update!!!

UPDATE 1-6-08: It's alive!!! My toyota finally drives :D . I kept having transmission problems but they have finally been worked out. I took it for a test drive today and found that there are still a few bugs to work out before it's road-worthy but nothing major.

Still to be completed:

- re-work steering shaft (original is bent and rubs header)
- weld on front shock hoops and mount front shocks
- shorten front square-tube driveshaft
- regear front axle
- fix front brakes (something was locking up / squealing from the front end)
- some other minor ****

I'll take some poser flex shots of it next weekend when I work on it again!

UPDATE 1-6-08: It's alive!!! My toyota finally drives :D . I kept having transmission problems but they have finally been worked out. I took it for a test drive today and found that there are still a few bugs to work out before it's road-worthy but nothing major.

Still to be completed:

- re-work steering shaft (original is bent and rubs header)
- weld on front shock hoops and mount front shocks
- shorten front square-tube driveshaft
- regear front axle
- fix front brakes (something was locking up / squealing from the front end)
- some other minor ****

I'll take some poser flex shots of it next weekend when I work on it again!

DUDE GET THIS BITCH DONE!!!! We were suppost to be wheeling this last summer lol! I throwing a straight axle on the ranger this coming weekend, then me and you should go for a brake in run!!!

Let me know bro!! Glad to see your still moving along with that bad boy!

New Pics 1-2-08

So it finally drives :D ... I need to get new tabs, insurance, and mud-flaps before I can drive it around more :mad: so here are some poser pics until then:

Driveway poser shots (the rear end needs to be lowered some):

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

Front yard poser flex (that's the biggest thing i could find to drive up on :fawkdancesmiley: ):

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

Next weekend I'm regearing the front axle, welding the rear axle, and possibly lowering the rear end down. I'm going to get new tabs and insurance this week.

Latest posts