• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This place needs cleaned up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigs n Berries

Post #47 and # 48 of the trunnion bearing thread

This is apparently a hub of IH8mush, even your wacky professor at the University of Toyota, states that the Birfield can run in gear oil and be just fine

I would like to see the correct information of this subject, if this thread is closed or dealeted than I know we have problems here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranny Frank View Post
for Toyota, Rover,. Dodge, Ford , International, Susuki its all off the same design and they all use a semi fluid grease,
It is all one assembly From the little axle seal to the gasket on the hub...

Then why bother putting a seal between the wheel bearings and the knuckle (hint: it's not "all one assembly")? Why does the factory put wheel bearing grease in the wheel bearings? Why does my factory service manual say to use moly-fortified grease in the wheel bearings and packed into the birfield?

Do what works for you - I'm going to trust the dudes that designed the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talib Kweli
I'm not a hipster, but I flip it like a sneaker pimp
64FJ40 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
64FJ40
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 64FJ40
Send email to 64FJ40
Find More Posts by 64FJ40
Add 64FJ40 to Your Contacts
Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM #48
longfield
Stuck on funny rocks

Rig: Tube Thingy
User number: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64FJ40 View Post
Then why bother putting a seal between the wheel bearings and the knuckle (hint: it's not "all one assembly")? Why does the factory put wheel bearing grease in the wheel bearings? Why does my factory service manual say to use moly-fortified grease in the wheel bearings and packed into the birfield?

Do what works for you - I'm going to trust the dudes that designed the parts.
X2 thank you.

OMG dude.. it's the first of the month go get your prescription refilled. :rolleyes:

Now you are just trying to piss off Zukkev. I see many pad locks in your future.

The professor

Here is a quote from the professor at the Toyota university that NW Wheelers will not let me post in its entire format his name is Idaho Doug, this was copied from edmunds car chat forum, He from what I have researched on the internet a corporate Toyota employee,

Get your leader on here and discuss the finer details on this design,

"the birfield is still running in oil and that's completely OK."

Now you are just trying to piss off Zukkev. I see many pad locks in your future.

x2

That is post giberish. Learn how to quote if you are going to post.

Still waiting for proof.

I only give this thread a few more hours before it gets locked.

Illuminare his, qui intenebris, et in umbra mortis sedent

I am here in your happy little factory attempting to shut down the pumps, I have identified one, shined the spot light on him, close the valve

You think the engineers are always right when they design stuff?? You obviously don't work in the automotive field. :haha:

You think the engineers are always right when they design stuff?? You obviously don't work in the automotive field. :haha:

lol... no ****.
yesterday i was in design review meeting, and found MANY things wrong that the engineers did, form manufacturing process to maint.

I started as a shade tree mechanic, and these are licenced profesional engineers....

ya, engineers are ALWAYS right.

and oil does not have the same lubication properties a greese. Grease in low spead is far superior to oil. and sometimes even at high speed if you use the right stuff (such as EP2)

Now ya have gone and pissed me off. First step you are now gone from any tech areas--next gone for good....

Status
Not open for further replies.