• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts and Discussion.... IFS Rigs at KOH

Cole said:
Nice, Damn I bet that thing is going to be Wicked Fast.

Heard the width outside of tire to outside of tire is 84" on the rear axle. Making it wide for more stability flying across the desert. I wonder how fast he'll get?

I love the IFS ! I would rock that stuff all day long . But , There is so many moving parts and so much body roll . Kinda like my Yota ! If they can control the roll and omit some of the linkages used to build that stuff it can been done and it will be bad :cougar: . They have started building ATV's with rear IFS but it just doesn't handle and hold up under hard core :driving: . I hope they can create one that will work . That means tons of ground clearance and lots of weight savings in all the right places . You can even have a drive shaft with no angle how cool would that be . :afro:

that was just dumb luck, his rig is sick. some of the other racers saw him pre-running the desert and pulling 80mph in the woops. the day of the lcq he pre-ran the whole course and was in line for contigency before the lcq was over!! Killer rig for sho.

So what is everyones opinion on Stroblhannon disreguarding the rules and continuing to race.
I not arguing the danger of it who cares, but as another racer such as Will Carter I would be fuming
If a black flagged racer in any other professional race puts the field at risk it would be serious not just ignored action.

EOR MFG said:
So what is everyones opinion on Stroblhannon disreguarding the rules and continuing to race.
I not arguing the danger of it who cares, but as another racer such as Will Carter I would be fuming
If a black flagged racer in any other professional race puts the field at risk it would be serious not just ignored action.

I have been following a little of this on Pirate. There are a lot of rumors. I would love to hear his side of the story. I heard, after he finished working on it, he went back to the starting line and started over. If this is the case, he MAY have thought that would start him over, then he would be "racing" the course. If that is not the case, then he was just a recreational person on a race course. Bet they would not let me have done that. Shannon is the only one that knows what he thought. It would be nice to know.

On Pirate, the person in charge of Checkpoint 1 said they were NOT instructed to stop him and tell him he was DQed until after he had passed their checkpoint.

if the facts are: he's offically DNF and out of the race, BUT they are letting him run the course to get a time for himself, then out of respect, i would think he would stop if he can't get through and let racers still in the race try to get going again.

sounds like ego issues, i dont know :dunno:

Shannon's got it, plain n simple. Dermos is damn fast, just needed more beef on the shock mounts. Be cool to see how they do in XRRA this season

P said there was some serious discussion at camp and it did not go unnoticed.
The fact that he made up that kind of time is just crazy though

If i had been 52x and got my **** ran over by him... Id fought the whole damn cambell enterprise that night back at camp....

If yur dq, then yur dq... get the fawk off the course...

on anther note, that little rig is a bad mofo fo sho :****:

shannon started back in the pack, but mile 3 or so we hit a huge lakebed and were pushing 70, shannon came by us like we were stopped. In the next few miles he was done. He got outside help to tow back so he was out. i am not sure if he started over or started from checkpoint 1, but he was back out there quick. he passed us again in the rocks and pulled a stupid line. i heard that will carter flopped on sledge and was in the top 10 at the time. shannon crawled over him and broke his shock. that was what i heard.

shannon is buying him a new ori strut, and gave him a 2.5 air shock to wheel. also gave him his spot for 2010. i think it comes down to shanon having a bunch of sponsors and has to impress.

I don't know what the arrangements on that land are, but I thought it was all public land and not privately leased or controlled? If so, I could take a 2wd schoolbus on it and when I broke down and blocked the trails it would just be tough luck for the rest of the racers, right? No one could say a thing just like during all the desert races that take place on public roads where the racers have to deal with pedestrian traffic.

So just playing devil's advocate, if I built a buggy and went all that way to run KOH and got DQed, I might still run anyway also. If nothing else it would be valuable testing time and learning experience for next year. All I could see doing punitively would be to bar him from running the race next year or something.

Or I could have the land arrangement completely wrong ...

J. J.

He could run the course IMO after the race wa over. We were @ the CalRocks pit when he pitted to fuel and change a tire. Then went through the checkpoint and continued on. This was what mile marker 62? He was dq'ed @ 3. IMO they should have shut him down for the exact reason that he took out Will all cuz of his ego and sponsors.

We are talking about it still, so its not all bad right? Lol

Wait, I'm sorry. I think I'm not fully grasping what happened ... he drove over another dude's rig and broke it AFTER he was aleady knowingly DQed?

J. J.

patooyee said:
Wait, I'm sorry. I think I'm not fully grasping what happened ... he drove over another dude's rig and broke it AFTER he was aleady knowingly DQed?

J. J.
yes

Banned for next years race sounds like the right thing to do. If you are DQ and continue a race that is one thing. But Breaking another mans rig that was still in it is just plain wrong. I sure he will get a lot of **** about it. Just cause you have sponsors don't make you unstoppable .

That sucks. I might have to side with JR on this. I believe Campbell would get his eye socket tore up over that stupid act.