• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts on 3 link

What lengths of links and serperation of lowers are prefered? Can I put my upper almost directly on top of my diff? The reason I ask is that I do not see a way to have 2 uppers without buying new headers and redoing tons of stuff. All I'm looking for is a solid trail rig to beat up on from time to time.

I don't know if you remember much of the taco front end, but it was 3 linked. The upper was dead center top of the chunk. If I remember right, the lowers were pretty much straight.

My lil turd is 3 linked, it works good, just remember to build the panhard bar brackets beefy as hell everywhere, lots of stress on that dude!

zukimaster said:
My lil turd is 3 linked, it works good, just remember to build the panhard bar brackets beefy as hell everywhere, lots of stress on that dude!

Mine peeled the factory frame open like a can opener. Oops.

3 links work, i still prefer 4 links...but they can be built to work... build strong mounts, get your panhard bar and draglink setup correctly and you wont have bump steer or crazy axle swing.

Are 3 foot lowers to long? Should the upper be the same length as the lowers? I know I'm asking a loaded question

bad80cj said:
Are 3 foot lowers to long? Should the upper be the same length as the lowers? I know I'm asking a loaded question
I have some 6061 2-1/2" links you can use for lowers they are my old ones prob to long but could be cut down and re tapped 1-1/4 and also have a 2-1/4" 7075 that has a slight bend it is the same length and could be cut down and retapped. For your upper? I'd take $150 for all three

Tempting Adam let me get this thing tacked in and see what's up before I go buy something else I dont need or will never use. Story of my life. ;)

Dammit boy you got my head spinning. Throw a tape measure on them thangs!

bad80cj said:
Tempting Adam let me get this thing tacked in and see what's up before I go buy something else I dont need or will never use. Story of my life. ;)

Dammit boy you got my head spinning. Throw a tape measure on them thangs!
Well I saw on fb that you already have links don't waste your money buddy they won't liten it up that much they are 45-1/2"

This may be wrong, but my plan was to use the same rules for my front 3 link as I would if it were 4 linked aside from the triangulation. Separation and link lengths same rules. Long and flat pan hard at ride height