• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts on new Tacomas?

xjtony

Trailer Park Gangsta
Been looking at new Tacomas on the interweb lately. I'm thinking of trading in my 2012 Honda Civic for a 4door 4wd Taco. I only have to drive to work 3 days a week, but its 34 miles one way trip. I've enjoyed the 30+mpg of my Honda. I have zero experience with any late model Toyota stuff. My question i guess is does anybody have any late model 4wd tacomas they drive daily and how do you like it?

I have always driven Toyota's, about 5 Tacoma's. I just traded my 08 double cab for a dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins. I bought the 08 taco new, loved it, just needed something better at towing. The gas mileage isn't the best in the 4.0 Tacoma, but it got plenty of power for what it is, ride quality is great, if you leave it stock, I put a 3" lift on mine, it rode a little rough. All in all, great trucks, can't beat them.

Damn Kids.

they are like little homeless people, always wanting and needing and never putting in when the bills come rolling in

But seriously, I have been thinking this very same thing. Been thinking of a used one though cause it seems you can put million miles on one and never have any issues.

Tacomas seem to hold their value quite well.... seems like half the newer ones you see are $20k + with 100k miles....
Me and some of the guys actually had a talk about tacomas this weekend and how you can get a 3rd gen cummins with the same miles for close to the same price..

Definitely a good looking truck though, if they are built half as well as the older ones that half of us on this board rock then I would venture to say they are worth the money.

I drive a 11 double cab long bed and tow my buggy everywhere with it it has never had a problem I get 23 empty on the highway and 14 towing my buggy and I love the truck 80k and nothing but maintenance done.
a3e0c900ca13ea6a9e7ae7c6008b31ad.jpg

Re:

I got my wife a '13 4 door and she loves it as do I room for the kid in the back and a small bed she has wanted a taco for as long as I've known her I had a 97 as a daily driver I loved it and just made her want one even more we traded our '12 highlander in for the new taco and she is happy now it's tough and pretty comfy

Don't know about the newest Tacomas, but my wife has a 06 quad cab, super short bed, 4x4 with the 4.0 and an automatic. Bought it used with 40k miles, and she's had it for 50k miles at this point. With her heavy right foot, she consistently gets 20mpg of mixed city/highway. Been very pleased with the truck overall.