• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throttle cable??

tommy450r

What are u guys running for a throttle cable I got a knock off lokar cable right now that I ended up with some how an it sucks. Is the real deal lokar cables worth the 60 or so bucks or do I need to find a factory replacement cable of some sort to put in my buggy?

The one I have now looks like a lokar but after 2 rides it's starting to stick a little..

Pull the plastic liner out of the cable, mine did the same thing, and I never had another issue after removing it.

tommy450r said:
What are u guys running for a throttle cable I got a knock off lokar cable right now that I ended up with some how an it sucks. Is the real deal lokar cables worth the 60 or so bucks or do I need to find a factory replacement cable of some sort to put in my buggy?

The one I have now looks like a lokar but after 2 rides it's starting to stick a little..

Lokar is worth the $$$, unbelievably smooth

I've had great luck out of Lokar. Make sure you loctite the set screws on the cable and the clocking screw on the pedal. They tend to back out if you don't. Worth the money

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

I don't like the housings on the lokar cables the one I had didn't have any type of coating over the braid an it got all bunched up.

This dirt bike cable is so smooth I'm going to put a stiff return spring on it to keep me from bouncing the throttle so much.