• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 LQ9 throttle cable?

Gen 3 right.

Usually rock auto is good about breaking down parts and comes with a good search engine for the site. Search early 2000 2500 with the 6.0 option.

I am just completing my project and used the LOKAR universal, they have a variety of lengths on ebay? I had to go with a 60 but have plenty to spare! The part number is LOC-TC1000U60. Hope this helps?

I run the stock cable from the donor truck in my yota. Had to shorten the end of the cable and bend the stock pedal some. Works just fine. Went to TSC and picked up some crimping cable clamps and double clamped it.

Ordering the stock cable from the dealership ended up being the cheapest route for me. I hunted for a while, and couldn't come up with anything that I wanted to afford. None of the parts stores had replacements. It was $28 that I wish I had just spent before looking everywhere else.

Pineygroveoffroad said:
I went with a Oreilly's stock replacement I didn't know they carried them until yesterday. Local junkyard wouldn't sell the cable only.

Would you happen to have a part number? My local Oreilly's can't seem to find it and I'm striking out on their website.

Coma1 said:
Would you happen to have a part number? My local Oreilly's can't seem to find it and I'm striking out on their website.

Rockauto has it listed. Look under the interior tab. They call it the accelerator cable. $18.xx for it.

I haven't had the two side by side but if I had to guess, I would say yes based on the fact that everything else swaps over between the two externally.

I had an old bicycle laying around a few years ago and so I used the brake cable on the bike as the throttle cable for the LS engine engine, fit perfectly and never have had any issues

Oreillys got a oem GM part from the local dealer for me, they didn't actually stock the cable. But it cost more than the one from rockauto. But also had it the same day instead of ordering it and waiting on shipping. Thanks for the info guys

The van cable is longer. I got a cable out of a truck at the junk yard the other day for a 5.3 swap in a YJ that I am doing and it was to short.