• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thrust washers 22re

Maverick

Is there a source online where I can find out some more about installing thrust washers? I dont know too much about them, and I need to put a couple back in that apparently fell out. Thanks

ps. I searched on pbb and found out that crash has done a few maybe he can chime in?

Is there a source online where I can find out some more about installing thrust washers? I dont know too much about them, and I need to put a couple back in that apparently fell out. Thanks

ps. I searched on pbb and found out that crash has done a few maybe he can chime in?

Pull the center main cap, they go on either side of that cap. The grooves go against the crank, the 2 with tabs go on the cap.

They fell out? Hopefully the motor wasn't ran, otherwise the crank/block is junk....

Actually the motor runs great, no noise, and lots of power. I took it out the truck was for parts, and i pulled the pan just to see. And I found this...

Last edited:
Actually the motor runs great, no noise, and lots of power. I took it out the truck was for parts, and i pulled the pan just to see. And I found this...

problem when they are not there--the crank digs into the block. I had the "exact" thing happen--ya I threw it away....

but it didnt have any symptoms Wouldnt i notice something ? looks like they have been down there awhile...

I did, only when the rig was darn near verticle with the front up. Once I pushed the clutch in--the lamp would go out. But no I didn't hear a single thing...

I had the same thing happen on one of mine, but it was lound as hell of idle. Like Mike said it ate the block and crank, only good for scrap.