• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time for 4 point harness's

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So when I redo my rig with my new prp seats I am also going to replace my 4 point harness's.

I currently have RJS belts and the only issue was some lube needed on the latch due to the weather. The only thing I don't like is lack of padding on the shoulders. With the latest rig I am getting ready to start matt has a set of simpsons that have shoulder padding.

So since I am replacing mine what else is good/comfortable? Not wanting the cam style--just the simple latch style.

I have crow lever latch 3" from the parting of my wheeler. I liked them, they always worked.

I have g force cam lock 3" for my autocross truck. They are outdated which is why they were free :D and after having a couple of years use on each of them they are still butter smooth.

Crow for sure, when I put Leia's seat in the Cruiser I didn't skimp on the harness, they are very good quality, much nicer that the RJS ones I have in the front seats. You can get them with stitched on padding too.

I have crow lever latch 3" from the parting of my wheeler. I liked them, they always worked.

I have g force cam lock 3" for my autocross truck. They are outdated which is why they were free :D and after having a couple of years use on each of them they are still butter smooth.
Crows are White Trash approved as they Kept his butt safe and secure when he went end over end with a twist at Funny Rocks in my old buggy.:fawkdancesmiley::D

Crows are White Trash approved as they Kept his butt safe and secure when he went end over end with a twist at Funny Rocks in my old buggy.:fawkdancesmiley::D

That was moon rocks you senile midget. :flipoff:

They kept my ol lady and I from becoming projectiles when we rolled the big truck too. Not sure if it was the harnesses or if it was the pink color of them that kept us safe but we both walked away. :redneck:

That was moon rocks you senile midget. :flipoff:

They kept my ol lady and I from becoming projectiles when we rolled the big truck too. Not sure if it was the harnesses or if it was the pink color of them that kept us safe but we both walked away. :redneck:
That's right, 2 instances that kept your ass safe. Especially the one with the old lady, that could have been really bad.

I like my 3" PRP's. The padding is comfortable. I ditched the sterem strap though because it was super annoying. They are expensive though.

Crow's--I had heard of them and probably seem them on the trail and forgot. Where you guys getting them?

Speedwaymotors.com is where I got mine. They had the best price on them when I was in the market. I didn't choose crow for any reason other than they were the only company that offered pink that wasn't special order. :redneck:

Drag racers have to update our belts every two years so most of us give our belts away or sell them for like $25.

The camlock are the best because they are easier to buckle & release easily even with your full body weight against them in an upside down position. Unfortunately I know from experience.

I have an outdated (NHRA cert tag) set of Crow or RJS latch style you can have if you can use them.

Drag racers have to update our belts every two years so most of us give our belts away or sell them for like $25.

The camlock are the best because they are easier to buckle & release easily even with your full body weight against them in an upside down position. Unfortunately I know from experience.

I have an outdated (NHRA cert tag) set of Crow or RJS latch style you can have if you can use them.

I have never been a fan of the cam style--I like to see the latch physically locked.

So ya I am going with the 3" duckbill latch and standard eyelet mounts with shoulder pads. They also offer anti tension springs but unsure if thats really needed--my old belts didn't have anything like that.

Latest posts