• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time for upgrade

japerry

after having nightmares of loosing my load going down BC-3, I decided that my Jeep is not even remotely close to good enough to tow anything for very long.

So thursday I traded it in for this:
2007-GMCSierra.jpg

And it towed her quite nicely!
IMG_1129.JPG

Now to get the Veggie oil conversion kit, and here we go for cheap 4wheeling!

its not a matter of power and being able to tow it. Its a trailer 4runner vs. jeep weight ratio. Thats down right scary. That would make my cornhole pucker up.

I just noticed--you bought it in bellevue eh....

yah, taxes were a little bit higher, -- but I get a refund with tabs since I live in Bellingham. It was really hard to find this rig. I wanted an '06 or '07 LBZ engine (GM changed mid-year to GMT900 in '07) and the 6-speed allison.

I really wanted the SLT / LT3 duramax -- I really enjoyed the leather and options in the Jeep and didn't want to give them up. Since the GF wants to tow horses some day, shes pitching in for it too.

Coming down from 4500Ft in BC, this thing towed like a champ. It has automatic engine braking, which worked most awesome. I can do 70mph w/o any trailer sway, hell I barely feel the thing.

Now after the PPE :awesomework: I'll be looking to do a WVO conversion on it... get a 100-200 gallon veggie tank so I can get to eastern wa, oregon, etc on one tank.