• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tiny EOR buggy

Hotrod said:
Who is building these chassis? They look good. Expensive?

Its just one guy and he brazes 3/16 brakeline into these little chassis. Its about $170 shipped to my door including the two 4-link axle trusses for just the chassis. Then I media blast it, powdercoat it, and cure it at my friends house. Then you got to buy the drivetrain and suspension which comes in one box. Then you have set the links for good travel, proper pinion angle, no-binding, and nice flex.

Post up or pm me his info. I'm sure alot of folks would like a chassis, maybe even to build a replica of there rig. I would like to have one to tinker with. Alot cooler than a store bought toy.

Hotrod said:
Post up or pm me his info. I'm sure alot of folks would like a chassis, maybe even to build a replica of there rig. I would like to have one to tinker with. Alot cooler than a store bought toy.

I priced having a replica of my buggy built and it was around 2k with the good controls.

gbrookie71 said:
Sounds like someone knows your rich lol..... Thats got to be way too high

Haha, I know a few people who have well over 2k in there RC crawlers. That **** gets expensive just like everything else when you buy the good stuff.

We have 2 RC crawlers, one 1/8th scale and one 1/10th scale, the 1/8th is rear strear and has more flex than i have even seen on anything, the 1/10th is a toyota tocoma truggy with krawlers

sent some PMs on how to get a hold of Chris the chassis man.

I forgot to mention one of his first rigs to duplicate was this beast

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the tube work guys. Really, I just have a knack for brazing and really like the southern style buggies (despite being a far far northerner!). The real credit goes to the builders of the full sized rigs and guys like Ricky B. who take great photos that I can use for reference when making scale replicas. At this time, I just do it to make a few bucks to support the hobby. I was doing it as a vendor previously, but the demand is way too high. I don't need a second job ;D

Cole said:
Haha, I know a few people who have well over 2k in there RC crawlers. That **** gets expensive just like everything else when you buy the good stuff.

Yep, not uncommon. My newest build I've already sunk about $1500 into it, and don't even have a running vehicle yet. Just like anything, good high quality parts don't come cheap. Having said that, you can always start with a pretty basic set-up ready to run out of the box for less than a few hundred dollars.

100_3004.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

I didn't build the RC model or ever meet the guy who did, just thought it was sorta cool.

Dammit...ya'll gonna make me buy one of these things. The more I see them, the more I want one. :****: