• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire size and trail damage--my prospective.

I got 30x9.50's that are just about bald, being pushed by a whopping 100hp MAYBE. and no lift kit or lockers. About as "unprepared" as you can get. Can use that as a baseline hahahaha.

I think we are going to do a 31 inch busywild run before the summer is up.

Ill take pics and such and compare the little tire damage to the 38 inch tire damage.

Anyone else wanna do a 31 AT challenge? Built rigs, little rubber. Sounds fun.

I might be game.:cool:

regardless of all of this.if the guys with the knowledge of "how to" do not teach the guys with the big right foot, it will not matter anymore.because we will not have anywhere to go.and we will all be outlaws again....
cheers, brian

Don't blame the guys with the knowledge, there's a whole lot of wheelers out there that just don't give a ****. Those people just need to be outed in public, to the authorities, and ran out of the ORV systems.

My perspective is similar to Crash's, where it all comes down to the driver.

But there's not getting around the fact that if you have a bad driver, they are going to do a lot more damage with a set of 40" tires than they would with a set of 31" tires.

Ironically, the opposite is largely true with a good driver. Less damage with 40" tires and possibly more with 31" tires.

But there's far more bad drivers out there than good.

i am not "blaming" anyone.i am sure that my little tires do some damage , less now than when i didna give a **** myself.but, instead of bitching about it i think education is key.that was my point .
take someone under your wing, etc....

i wheel a small rig (when i have one built:haha:), and i have been making progress with my fellow subathusiasts leading by example as much as possible.

if they are just straight up douchebags, yeah, ****'em.

but i have run into alot of folks that literally just don't know better, and are just trying to have fun in smaller rigs.reporting them first instead of trying to educate is a step backwards in my opinion.
if i had not gotten on this board a few years back i would still be fighting my own ignorance.but what kills me is that all of this is turning into a blame game amongst ourselves.

also, if those folks are run out of the ORV systems , they will just go somewhere else and destroy land.so, once again education is key, then the law if that does not work.

cheers, brian
Don't blame the guys with the knowledge, there's a whole lot of wheelers out there that just don't give a ****. Those people just need to be outed in public, to the authorities, and ran out of the ORV systems.

My perspective is similar to Crash's, where it all comes down to the driver.

But there's not getting around the fact that if you have a bad driver, they are going to do a lot more damage with a set of 40" tires than they would with a set of 31" tires.

Ironically, the opposite is largely true with a good driver. Less damage with 40" tires and possibly more with 31" tires.

But there's far more bad drivers out there than good.

Education is key! I enter`d a march of dimes off road rally years ago. This is wear i got a education by a couple of very friendly guy`s that help`d Me out by just giving Me a few pointer`s. these Guy`s got me thru alot of obsticles and save`d me from tearing up land and my truck. end result i gain some insight on proper wheeling. some guy`s come from diff back grounds, mud bogging where momentum is key (throttle out) My piont is education before we all lose our trails. Less bickering and more education!!!!