• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire size at O.R.V parks

Enlighten me on what is, other than hikers and things we cannot change. I have been wheeling since the mid 90's and the older I get the bigger the tires get and the deeper the ruts and holes get, because people aren't getting stuck were they used to. So they are going further and digging deeper. so how is tire size not a problem?

Tire size is NOT the problem.:beatdeadhorse:
I would second this as this has been argued about many times.....the only thing that is going to make a difference is going to be your fellow wheelers with cameras taking pictures and turning in the bad apples.....LEOS do not have the funds for enforcement so their solution is close it.

No open diffs and unprepared drivers get stuck. and if you dont think tires are a problem what is I am trying to get things rolling so we can come together with a plan on how to keep our trails open if our money disapear's. How about instead of arguing about who to blame we come up with a back up plan. I am going to wheel no matter what illegaly legally whatever it may be I will do it but I would rather it be legally.

The last Elbe work party had over 100 people, the last Reiter work party had more than that. Volunteers and responsible 4x4 people can maintain the ORV areas with limited funds.

I don't believe it was just limited funds. I believe it looked like 0 state funds. Correct me if I am wrong. So maybe I should start a thread on Propositions on land use and management agreements?

A recent email from the DNR:

Hi, Folks -

A lot is going on this week with the Washington State Department of Natural Resources

The last Elbe work party had over 100 people, the last Reiter work party had more than that. Volunteers and responsible 4x4 people can maintain the ORV areas with limited funds.

How come the media is focussing on the damage being done and not the good that is also happening? How can we get the media involved on our side for once to show that the 4X4 people as a community are trying to make a difference? Maybe that could be a step to educate the public that our focus is not only to have fun but to also repair the damage done by us and others.

Ok so we can help with there budget problem. How about a host program for D.N.R lands that could help out with the enforcement put a camera a satalite phone and a two-way radio in a box have someone check it out with dnr take pictures of people doing stuff wrong and you have all available means of calling law inforcment or DNR with any problems.

These are things I am talking about as far as a land use and mantance agreement go

Well as far as media go's someone would have to volunteer to make calls to news stations and then set up a work party for them to attend to see the work we have done you would also have to give them the sob story about where our money is.

The calling should be simple it is the dates that are hard along with getting them to agree

How come the media is focussing on the damage being done and not the good that is also happening? How can we get the media involved on our side for once to show that the 4X4 people as a community are trying to make a difference? Maybe that could be a step to educate the public that our focus is not only to have fun but to also repair the damage done by us and others.

The media loves bad news. Here is a quote from a recent article:

"Overuse, littering, dumping, vandalism, unsafe shooting and the occasional drug lab have turned a backwoods paradise into a place some people no longer want to take their children."

It doesn't mention that there are a huge group of responsible area users that go up there on a regular basis to clean up this mess left by non ORV users. At the work party there were lots of kids and families, but that is not as interesting.

No, that is not the truth! Who has contacted the media??? Anyone My aunt in law is a news caster and she does reports on all sorts of good news. but if nobody has done their homework and tried well then nothing will get done.

The media loves bad news. Here is a quote from a recent article:

"Overuse, littering, dumping, vandalism, unsafe shooting and the occasional drug lab have turned a backwoods paradise into a place some people no longer want to take their children."

It doesn't mention that there are a huge group of responsible area users that go up there on a regular basis to clean up this mess left by non ORV users. At the work party there were lots of kids and families, but that is not as interesting.

Thats what Im saying....how can we bring the positive out in the medias eyes for a change? Everybody watches tv or reads the news paper. If we got a good reveiw for once it might help out in the house . Just a thought though....Im just a dumb keyboard wheelers so what do I know.:redneck:

Nate, do you go to any of the Evans(tonight), Reiter(tomorrow) or Elbe(Thursday) meetings?