• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire softener

Try spraying them with this:
tumblr_m7lm8hvsTh1rbk41wo1_400.jpg

laughing1

patooyee said:
I liked my iroks when I had 42's. :dunno:

The 42's that I've seen are softer than the 36 and 39" Iroks... I've owned the 36 and 39 and HATED both sets. I swear I'll never buy another set... until I find them cheap. LOL.
The 42's seem QUITE a bit softer when I pinch them.

I hate iSucks. They just don't seem to work. You have to buy them in a "sticky" to get the traction that a normal TSL will offer. I don't get it ??? They turn into balloons once they get to about 75% tread.

My sticky iroks have worked well for me. Much better than the regular tsls I took off, no matter how much I heated them. Not worth a damn in nasty red clay and mud but I havent found much that will work in that **** other than a bogger or cut tsl.

Outside of the box thinking...easiest way to heat the tires without having to burn them off or pour tire softener on them would be to hook up 1 or 2 hair dryers on each tire. Sucker will keep them tires hot hot hot.

Re: Tire softener

ridered3 said:
Outside of the box thinking...easiest way to heat the tires without having to burn them off or pour tire softener on them would be to hook up 1 or 2 hair dryers on each tire. Sucker will keep them tires hot hot hot.
Lol lol

Just drive it, simple green will only clean them as soon as u run them they will be right back to how they was,I would not do nothing but drive the s&@$ out of it. The compound is there or it aint

I worked on a couple super late model asphalt cars back in the day in Auburn and we used a mix of zylene and tolulene in a tire rotisserie on the Hoosier slicks. The tires were aired up and spun slowly with the bottom couple inches in the solution.... sometimes for days. Then we would immediately wrap them tightly with packing stretch wrap to keep them "soaking" right up till we rolled the car out of the trailer at the track. This literally made the tire "gummy" to about a 1/4 inch deep into the rubber. We only used these for qualifying and they would be totally worn out after just a few 1/2 mile laps.
I've considered doing this myself, but I am afriad they would be too soft. The race tires picked up all kinds of pebbles and other tire rubber, and you could scratch rubber off with your fingernail. I don't think the tires would last a day if they were fully soaked, but for a little while they would put reds to shame.

All your gonna end up with if the treatment works is chunked up tires. Big difference in soft and sticky.

I raced karts for years you can soften tires by using chemicals .
Track claw makes lots of products that will soften rubber or make it harder the question is what would work best on rocks?

Well I think and am going to do some testing and maybe see if I can find any solutions that will help but I am very optimistic on the results so if anyone has any input that would be help full please shoot it my way