• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Swapping Cost?

mike d

Hey, Im gone on a road trip and i need to swap tires, I have a good set of tires but there mounted on the wrong bolt pattern, what the going rate for getting these swapped. And where would you suggest going. Schawb, Discount?

Thanks

Discount will do it for free if you agree to buy your tires from there.
If you arent a customer of theres it might be a little different.
My family has been buying all our tires there for years so they have helped us out alot.
But etheir way it shouldnt be much

Last time I went to Schwab (years ago) it was something like $7 a tire to mount and balance, but that was buying the tires from them, not sure if they'd do it for that if you didn't buy the tires there. Also not sure if there's an extra charge to dismount the tires in the first place. (the ones you want put on)
Grab yourself a highlift and a couple screwdrivers and do it yourself. :awesomework:

Dismounts and mounts usually run 7.50 per tire, and balance is 11.00(depending on if they charge you for passenger or commercial tires). thats at schwab, unless you know someone then they can hook you up. if they are tires that schwab sells then tell them you want a "pwc4" or a double changeover. Then its like $59.

I just did some calling around to do this a few weeks ago. To dismount two sets of tires, mount & balance one set, and dispose of one set, it's between $90-100 at either Schwabs, Discount, most of the smaller places. None of them were significantly cheaper than any others. I didn't want to drive to a Walmart, but they might be cheaper. I went to a little local place because there was no wait.

I got quoted $90 for the tires on Ashleys 4Runner at a store in town. I need to find someone else to do it. I need to have new valve stems put in all the rims, and get them re-balanced.

~T.J.

I just did some calling around to do this a few weeks ago. To dismount two sets of tires, mount & balance one set, and dispose of one set, it's between $90-100 at either Schwabs, Discount, most of the smaller places. None of them were significantly cheaper than any others. I didn't want to drive to a Walmart, but they might be cheaper. I went to a little local place because there was no wait.

wallmart is 2 block's away from me:haha:

Do Them Yourself For Free Minus The Cost Of The Tire Spoons And A Little Sweat. Save A $100.00 And Do Something Usefull With It ,like Spare Parts Or Something.why Pay Someone When You Can Do It Yourself.