• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire talk.... tow rigs...

my 305/70/16's are load range E 10 ply. And the 35" Parnelli Jones dirt grips that are going on next are also load range E 10 ply. I'd go with either the BFG M/T's or the goodyear MT/R's if the dumbasses would wise up and make a load range E for a 35.

wAS looking at the m55's but my cost is like $238 a tire..

and thats the 285/75 r16

Last edited:
I'm running 315/70/17 (35's) on my truck /w a levelling kit and no trimming.

I am going to be going smaller soon to get a little gear ratio back. I'm thinking of the 285/70/17 Toyo A/T.

J

crash said:
wAS looking at the m55's but my cost is like $238 a tire..

and thats the 285/75 r16

Les Schwab are butt-rapers. That's why I would not/did not purchase my Toyos from them.

KarlVP said:
Naw, you can order them anywhere.

There are many online sources for Toyo tires. But you can't just order them from any local retailer. Les Schwab is supposed to have an agreement to be the exclusive Toyo dealer in this area. I found an online vendor with great prices and a local vendor who would both order the tires and match the internet price + shipping. With sales tax and mount/balance, I paid $250 less than Schwab's wanted.

But the Toyos are spendy.

My dilemna was that I wanted to stay with a 315/75R16 size but go to a Load Range E, 10 ply rated tire. That left only 2 options; Toyos and Hankooks. So far I really like the tires and have no complaints about the price.

If Crash is looking for 285/75R16s (about a 33" tall tire) that expands the options considerably.

i WAS ALSO looking at bridgestones and they only have an allterain in the 285/75r16 (load rating e)

I really like my 295/75-16 bfg AT's....

just a little bigger than the 285.....and definitly as tall as I'd go w/ 3.54 gears and towing (granted my junk is heavier than most, but prolly not much heavier then Mike w/ camper on)...
gearing works out very well, as its 'almost' lugging it on flat ground at 60 mph....any faster and its perfect....
advantage is, dropping to 5th at 60-ish puts me right at 2200-2300rpm, and can bomb up most any hill that can justify the speed....then drop back into 6th and lug along again in the flats...

I wouldn't go any taller for the towing Mike...

yes, they are only a range 'D' tire, but the size makes them have a pretty good load rating (3400#-ish), which I've never come very close to.....(and I'm pretty anal about tire loading/weight distribution)

the M55 are a pretty good tire, but DAMN $$$$.....

--B

with my 305/70/16's at 22k with the gooseneck and a tahoe on it (heeeaaavvvvyyy trailer) I was running up Vanage at 67 a little over 2500 in 4th gear.. A little head porting and the cam with some 35's will do wonders for my truck towing that kind of weight and running in 4th.

you can also get Toyo's at certain discount tires around the area.

t1h5ta3 said:
for mikey i recomend a set of m55's...

or he can be cool like me and throw down some 35-12.5-18's.. load range E of course!

and i dont worry about brake clearance (then again these 16" bears look nice...)

Loving my M55s :redneck:
324483376_063476cbf6.jpg

Latest posts