• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tires for a daily driver weekend wheeler

blackrubi1

I an looking for opinions on tires for a TJ. It is a daily driver that gets wheeled on the weekends. I mainly head to evans creek. Noise is not a large concern. I would like to get atleast a year out of them. They will be 33's

Last edited:
I have MTR's and would buy them again.

I had 33 MTR's and they had a light howl. Sold them at 3000 miles to go up to 35" MTR's and the 35's are quieter. Weird.

I just got the new procomp x mt and they work great off road, worked good on wet logs and rocks. I drive my rig to the trail and home.:beer: :fawkdancesmiley:

BFG muds, or MTR's. I believe the BFG might be a better all around tire and treadlife, but the MTR's have an edge offroad, IMO.

BFG muds, or MTR's. I believe the BFG might be a better all around tire and treadlife, but the MTR's have an edge offroad, IMO.

and the MTR's are heavier so gas mileage will be worse. IMO im getting BFG's over the MTRS, you can't go wrong with the Best Selling MT ever made. :awesomework:

i liked my old BFG MT KM's summitracing.com has super cheap prices on them, like 1100 shipped for a set of 5 35" bfg mt's mounted and balanced on cragar soft 8's:awesomework:

and the MTR's are heavier so gas mileage will be worse. IMO im getting BFG's over the MTRS, you can't go wrong with the Best Selling MT ever made. :awesomework:

I don't believe my gas mileage ever got worse when I made the switch... :eeek:

I have wheeled both, and the MTR's are much better offroad, in my experience. But, the treadlife of the BFG is phenominal. About 60k on my first set, and they were still about a quarter tread when I sold them. :cool: