• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires for tow rig ?

I run two dually for commercial use, average 2000 miles a week. For the road u wont beat a Michelin (usually get 80,000 miles outta set towing). My 2nd choice would be the firestone transforce.

The best tires to run on a dually that hauls a load are Firestone TransForce, Toyo Open Country HT tuff duty, Nitto Duragrappler and any REAL Michelin LTX (not a Sams, Sears or Walmart tire)

Bringing this thread back up.. There were several threads about tow rig tires but this seemed to be the most recent I found on my search in general discussion.

So I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on some new tires for the cummins, I have 37x12.5x17 nitto trail grapplers and love them so far, had them on my last truck as well. Will probably end up going back with them again but I was wondering if anyone is running the newer nitto ridge grapplers yet?

I'd like to stay with an m/t type pattern. I'm looking at these, toyo open country mts and the trail grapplers again. Any others I should check out? Where are you guys buying tires these days? I've found 9x out of 10 you can get them cheaper online anymore.

I have a work truck that I drive everyday and the 3/4 ton is mainly used for pulling trailers and driving on the weekends.

Thanks in advance

I'm running the Ridge Grapplers on my company truck & really like them , wish I'd waited & got them for my personal truck instead of Toyo MT's

Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

07gmc said:
I'm running the Ridge Grapplers on my company truck & really like them , wish I'd waited & got them for my personal truck instead of Toyo MT's
I'm really interested in those. My Courser MTs are wearing quick and pretty loud. Looking for some more life and road manners.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
Bringing this thread back up.. There were several threads about tow rig tires but this seemed to be the most recent I found on my search in general discussion.

So I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on some new tires for the cummins, I have 37x12.5x17 nitto trail grapplers and love them so far, had them on my last truck as well. Will probably end up going back with them again but I was wondering if anyone is running the newer nitto ridge grapplers yet?

I'd like to stay with an m/t type pattern. I'm looking at these, toyo open country mts and the trail grapplers again. Any others I should check out? Where are you guys buying tires these days? I've found 9x out of 10 you can get them cheaper online anymore.

I have a work truck that I drive everyday and the 3/4 ton is mainly used for pulling trailers and driving on the weekends.

Thanks in advance

I'm having GREAT luck out of 37x13.5R20 Cooper STT Pros. Wear like iron, and grip great too. They don't fee like the tread "rolls" like Toyos and Nittos feel to me.

X whatever on the Toyo AT2's

I'm at 40k on the 315's on my powerstroke. I'll probably replace them here in the next few months they're getting fairly low on tread.

Re:

offroadman83 said:
Toyo AT 2s.... all Day! Love these tires!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BLGXJ said:
X whatever on the Toyo AT2's

I'm at 40k on the 315's on my powerstroke. I'll probably replace them here in the next few months they're getting fairly low on tread.

I just checked Toyo's website and it looks like they don't make this one in a 37

kboring said:
Just pulled off at set of Michelin at2 off of my 08 3500 CC Duramax with a work body. Tires had 75k on them and had plenty of life left. Best tire I've ever ran - hands down.

Just put set of these on the 05 2500hd just the other day. I had a set of the MT2 on there but they were out of stock so I'll try the ATs this time. Your right about being a dam good tire. I lost track of how many miles I have on them.
On my dually I run some General Grappers ( Can't remember which ones ) on the back and Michelin MT2 on the front.
I ran Dunlaps for years and was happy but something musta change with them and I started having problems with blowouts and short life.

I want some Ridge Grapplers bad! Redneckengineered on here has some on his tow pig, they look good! As good of a tire and long lasting as the trail grappler and terra grappler is, I wouldn't bat an eye at the quality of the Ridge Grappler. I bet anything Toyo is way higher too.

This is the cheapest place online I have found them. Also where redneck ordered his. I first found that website via an ebay listing. They had the cheapest prices on the Ridge Grapplers on ebay. I think they look badass! Soon as my Terras wear out, I'll be throwing them on my truck.

http://www.bbwheelsonline.com/

Damn....all yall high Roller big ballers and here I am buying eBay tires. :(

2d6fae6367d4661884b4f057b4a61d3b.jpg

tonybolton said:
Damn....all yall high Roller big ballers and here I am buying eBay tires. :(

Ha, yeah right....do you really need some tires for your 1500? I've got an almost new (1700 miles) set of 275/60/20 Goodyear's I might sell.