• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires for tow rig ?

Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

MoparMan said:
Ha, yeah right....do you really need some tires for your 1500? I've got an almost new (1700 miles) set of 275/60/20 Goodyear's I might sell.
60 series too tall....my 3.42 gearing is already shitty enough for towing.

And I'm 100% on board with buying those eBay tires...sorry...broke folk is broke.

Re: Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

tonybolton said:

And I'm 100% on board with buying those eBay tires...sorry...broke folk is broke.
Says the dude riding on DUBS!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

tonybolton said:

They're only 1 inch taller....shouldn't make that big of a difference.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

tonybolton said:
Tow with a 5.3 and get back to me on that....
I towed with a 5.3 and 3.42s and loved it. Everyone loves to hear an LS bounce off the rev limiter on the trail but heaven forbid if a tow rig drops a gear and revs up on the way to the trail.

TacomaJD said:
I want some Ridge Grapplers bad! Redneckengineered on here has some on his tow pig, they look good! As good of a tire and long lasting as the trail grappler and terra grappler is, I wouldn't bat an eye at the quality of the Ridge Grappler. I bet anything Toyo is way higher too.

This is the cheapest place online I have found them. Also where redneck ordered his. I first found that website via an ebay listing. They had the cheapest prices on the Ridge Grapplers on ebay. I think they look badass! Soon as my Terras wear out, I'll be throwing them on my truck.

http://www.bbwheelsonline.com/

thanks for the link Josh, for some reason it keeps freezing up on me.. but I will definitely keep this website in mind

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires for tow rig ?

onepieceatatime said:
I towed with a 5.3 and 3.42s and loved it. Everyone loves to hear an LS bounce off the rev limiter on the trail but heaven forbid if a tow rig drops a gear and revs up on the way to the trail.

I I just don't like wringing the guts out of stuff I own.

A good reason why my rev limiter on the Jeep is always set to 3 or 4 grand. Jus how us broke folk gotta roll...

So apparently my offbrand tires are really an old Falken Ziex tire from a sister company. I don't feel as dirt-baggy now.

Reviews seem good. Good ol amazon coming through with faster shipping.

fa723169dc4e336796eb511292007412.jpg

Re:

I seen some newer BFG ATs with the new sidewall. Looked pretty sharp.