• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires To Run on Shotcrete?

Hip

With the Rich's planning on this years event in the Seattle area being a manmade course im wondering what type of tire hooks up best on that surface.

Im assuming soft compound krawlers are the **** but barring that what type tire works/does not work well on shotcrete?

my thought is the more rubber in contact the better as you dont have to clear mud and stuff and there is no real digging needed.

any real life experiance out there?

hmmm ... i wonder what those trxus STS mall terrains would be like on that stuff... the regular trxus compound is pretty soft. might be a good "this event only" kind of budget tire over the procomp XTC compounds and krawlers...

Interco%20TrXus%20STS%20All%20Terrain%20S.gif

Just look at all the pics from the events down south and see what tires guys are running---Krawlerls

kinda like the slick rock in moab. TSLs did not help much at all. my cousin on some toyo all terrains had much more traction than me.

its a given krawlers are by far the bestest for just about everything but for the one time event what would work? id even take some BFG mudders over any interco tire for this type event. i think id want something i could at least heat up to slightly sticky..

The new maxxis creepy crawlers are pretty impressive too--actually saw them stick better than Krawlers on the rock face at reiter.

As far as for a comp is concerned run a crawler comp compound. BFG or Maxis. If you run any other tire your simply going to get schooled by everyone running those tires. I understand your question Hip but I think it's a moot point. On the other hand if your just there to have fun (like me) then run what ya brung.:cool:

50% bald sticky krawlers and those sticky swamper TRXUS JRT was running looked really good from all videos I saw.

but since I wheel here mostly and am poor I'll be running some grooved up SX's.

Pook said:
On another note for those in stock mod class sticky tires are not allowed.

Have yet to even see a sticky 35" tire. While at many events, we have been told by numerous Reps of all the tire companies they have a gentlemens agreement not to produce a sticky 35", kinda keeps the stock modified idea going.

Boggers.

Really though, tires with a big biting edge don't work good like people think. We took a brand new set of creepy crawers and cut a 45 from just above the tire carcass out on the front of every large lug(brand new tires and cut off about 15lbs of rubber:; ) Creighton can't recomend it, but he supplied us with the grinder and flapper disk's to do it with. BZ win's with it, so it's gotta be good. the key is contact area, not biting adges. Usw whatever tire you want, I watched very little stock mod last season, but tire's didn't really seem to matter, they take their focus off of huge required traction climb's, and make the courses technical and off camberish.