• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires?

adrenaline

Please excuse my newbness to this site. I hope I am not violating any rules posting here but I didn't think it should go in the technical section.

I am looking into new tires. I have always ran radials on my Jeep. I am open to suggestions.

I will be doing all different wheeling with them and usually buy mud terains.

I might be open to a bias given a good arguement for them.

Talk to me.

Oh ya I am looking at 35 inch by 12.5 by 15.

My rims are 10's

Ya it is not my daily driver but I do drive it. I have ran BFG muds before and had some good luck with them. Anybody recomend anything different?

As far as I can see, you have three choices..

BFG M/T's Goodyear MT/R's and the Toyo M/T's. You won't go wrong with any of the three.. Toyo's just cost more.

Does anybody have experience with the Irok radials. I know they're not in the size he wants but was wondering if was a decent tire for trails/gettin to the trails. The only person I know runnin them is Brad (aka snuggle bunny:D) and haven't heard his opinion yet.

Grommit327 said:
Does anybody have experience with the Irok radials. I know they're not in the size he wants but was wondering if was a decent tire for trails/gettin to the trails. The only person I know runnin them is Brad (aka snuggle bunny:D) and haven't heard his opinion yet.

Bishops 36 radial iroks did a good job on and off the road. They didnt take much weight either. I have seen some get ripped all to heck while on sharp rocks and hammering down though.

Your tire choice will probably be determined by your wallet.

IROC's work well but wear quickly and a little weak in the sidewall. They don't make a 35. The 36" Radial is about $225
MT/R's work well on the road, snow and rocks but suck in the mud. They're about $230
Krawlers (siped) work well everywhere but cost a forture. $310
BFG Mud Terrains work well everywhere but the sidewall is too weak. $185
Toyo's work well nearly everywhere but very heavy, expensive and sometimes hard to find. They're about $275
I have no feedback on the 34" Swamper LTB but some people seem to like it. $135

If money is no object, go with the Krawlers.

By the way...... Thornbirds SUCK!!!!!

Of course you could always save your money for a Sawzall and the new 54" Boggers.

My opinion....awaiting the flame shooters.

I've been very happy w/my 35" MTR's on the jeep both on/off road. Also been very happy w/the 37" Toyo MT's on my tow rig which has been up to this point (let's be real) 90% on road. My next offroad tires will be the Krawlers.

Digger 5 said:
By the way...... Thornbirds SUCK!!!!!

Of course you could always save your money for a Sawzall and the new 54" Boggers.

I know I need to post more lol

Thanks for the tips on the tires.

KarlVP said:
I've heard nothing but good things about the Toyo MT's

I'm gonna buy a set when these BFG muds wear out.

Morgan ran the 35" toyos on his truck last winter. They worked great in deep snow, but absolutley sucked in the mud memorial day. Not too impressed with there rock performance either.

Latest posts