• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Title/Registration

Wickedyota97

What are you guys doing about insurance/title and all that mess on tube buggies? I know there's a good bit of money tied up in one and didn't know if or how there was a way to insure and/or title one.

Some folks title it as the vehicle it was supposedly built from.. Others do an "assembled from parts" title.

As mentioned, check with your local agency.

Wickedyota97 said:
What are you guys doing about insurance/title and all that mess on tube buggies? I know there's a good bit of money tied up in one and didn't know if or how there was a way to insure and/or title one.

Registering as a custom built in north dakota is the easiest. When ever I build a chassis that looks like something (truck, jeep, car etc) I will usually go out and buy one of that vehicle, wrecked with a clear title, and go through the process of "rebuilding" it into a buggy. Local inspector just wants to see that what was left of the old vehicle is going to be destroyed, and one inspection from law enforcement to make sure nothing is stolen (you have to have receipts for all the major components) and they will issue a new VIN, and change the title to "rebuilt". This is also the easiest way to get insurance, but make sure you are insured for the value you have in the vehicle, not blue book that the insurance company will try to use