• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vehicle Registration

Bobbo3234

Alright need to renew my tabs on the Jeep. Any way around emission testing? Should i be registering as a fair weather vehicle or something like that?

Bobbo3234 said:
Alright need to renew my tabs on the Jeep. Any way around emission testing? Should i be registering as a fair weather vehicle or something like that?

register it at the old location if it was still anti-emissions or move to sultan:flipoff: just dont steal my dads stereo:redneck:

are you wanting it street legal???

A) Take the test. It passes. Hurrah

B) Take the test. It fails. Pay the $150 minimum in upgrading the rig. Get the waiver. Re-license it.

C) Retitle it as an older rig, get an exemption due to age. Needs an exempt title and vin tags.

D) Retitle/move to an area that doesn't do testing.

yeah, so what year is this thing?
and that $150 minimum fee, i think that only works if the engine is completely stock...

zig80toy said:
yeah, so what year is this thing?
and that $150 minimum fee, i think that only works if the engine is completely stock...

and all the original emission crap is intact. then pay the 150 in having the work done to try and get it to pass.if it doesn't then get a waiver.

its an 87 wrangler with TPI 350 from 89 vette. No cats! Its not going to be street legal, but would like plates when driving on the roads between trails.

$150 has to be spent towards improving emissions on a vehicle with stock engine and all emissions components intact and operational. With your combination the vehicle will NOT waiver. Period. Have you TRIED the test though? If it's fuel injected AND running properly, chances are that it may pass.

John

Yeah, i would give it a shot. Like Avanteone said, it may pass if you got a good runnning, fuel injected motor. Also, i know your not going to want to hear this, maybe you should put cats back on. I realize you dont want to spend the money on cats but if it means getting plates on yer rig it will be well worth it...

A friend of mine failed emissions down in Oregon in a little Jetta. He had a muffler shop put a cat on, and he passed just fine. I would hate to see you put cats on yer rig and still fail (please dont hurt me) but i think they would help a lot...

Bobbo3234 said:
its an 87 wrangler with TPI 350 from 89 vette. No cats! Its not going to be street legal, but would like plates when driving on the roads between trails.

If you are not going to be street legal and drive it on the roads then register as an ORV.

Keep you existing license plate on the vehicle and apply the year tab to it and stick the ORV tags somewhere else that is still visible.

Jobless said:
If you are not going to be street legal and drive it on the roads then register as an ORV.

Keep you existing license plate on the vehicle and apply the year tab to it and stick the ORV tags somewhere else that is still visible.

X2 and its cheaper too!!!!!!

Register it at a buddies house that is in an area that have no emission requirements. I have lots of friends "living with me".

We had this issue with a yj we built with a tbi 350 in it. If you run it through and it passes hurray but ours needed a cat to pass even with f/i. We ended up putting the air pump, manifolds, and a cat on it to pass. It didnt effect the running or power enough to make a difference. If you dont plan on any in town to the store driving then go the route jobless mentioned.