• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Titling a Rock bouncer for loan purposes?

money_pit_yj said:
Eddy owns his own 6 flags and a rockbouncer so he must be doing something right. Robbing little kids of their hard earned money to try an win a chinese made goldfish thats gonna die in a week ;D #GOALS #THISISNOTUNICEF

Cheese crackers and tea on my screen now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Plus an endless supply of Funnel cakes and corn dogs FTW. :eat: :eat:

ADMINISTRATOR

money_pit_yj said:
Eddy owns his own 6 flags and a rockbouncer so he must be doing something right. Robbing little kids of their hard earned money to try an win a chinese made goldfish thats gonna die in a week ;D #GOALS #THISISNOTUNICEF

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This where you guys want to be when Jesus does comes back?

I don't understand all the hostility being thrown my way?!? :dunno:
I'm not one to cause any problems online, I really just keep to my self.

Eddyj said:
So your a spitter?

Eddyj said:
This where you guys want to be when Jesus does comes back?

I don't understand all the hostility being thrown my way?!? :dunno:
I'm not one to cause any problems online, I really just keep to my self.

Don't pick on older people you bully. I bet if the Internet and electricity were around when Greg was our age he would totally own you!

money_pit_yj said:
Don't pick on older people you bully. I bet if the Internet and electricity were around when Greg was our age he would totally own you!

What's e lec trecity? I remember when dirt first started. I saw John G shoveling it. lol
ps, I do have indoor plumbing (I think, but I still don't use it)

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
What's e lec trecity? I remember when dirt first started. I saw John G shoveling it. lol
ps, I do have indoor plumbing (I think, but I still don't use it)

ADMINISTRATOR

I'm just looking out for you! Eddy is a bully and will pick on you every chance he gets. And you don't need to worry about that while you are sorting your pills, watching your stories and looking for your depends. I got you're back. thumb.gif lol

money_pit_yj said:
I'm just looking out for you! Eddy is a bully and will pick on you every chance he gets. And you don't need to worry about that while you are sorting your pills, watching your stories and looking for your depends. I got you're back. thumb.gif lol

What's funny is I dont even have any idea how old you are. You could be my age for all I know :dunno: I hope yo'ure not sensitive about your age. :rolf:

money_pit_yj said:

Sorry, it was the end of Matlock and wanted to see who killed the old lady at Piccadilly's all you can eat buffet. What was the question again? :spin:

I do wish I had my own cotton candy machine like Eddy though. :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

I tried to wade through this derail. OP wants a title for loan purposes. Make sure your vehicle is gonna be worth the loan value. JohnG's solo buggy is titled as something comical, like a samurai or a tracker. He did that for insurance purposes so he could cover all liabilities if he were to get injured or injure someone while riding. I imagine the premiums on a samurai are a helluva lot less than on a custom rock buggy. Either way, it can be done.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I tried to wade through this derail. OP wants a title for loan purposes. Make sure your vehicle is gonna be worth the loan value. JohnG's solo buggy is titled as something comical, like a samurai or a tracker. He did that for insurance purposes so he could cover all liabilities if he were to get injured or injure someone while riding. I imagine the premiums on a samurai are a helluva lot less than on a custom rock buggy. Either way, it can be done.

So say for example JohnG had it titled as a sami or something and something happened, he rolled and hit someone and broke their leg. Wouldn't that be fraud because technically the buggy is not a sami?

and everyone saying if you cant afford it don't do it, what do yall do for work? I need to get in on that. I feel guilty when I spend .40 for ramen and not .08

jeeptj99 said:
So say for example JohnG had it titled as a sami or something and something happened, he rolled and hit someone and broke their leg. Wouldn't that be fraud because technically the buggy is not a sami?

and everyone saying if you cant afford it don't do it, what do yall do for work? I need to get in on that. I feel guilty when I spend .40 for ramen and not .08

Define "technically"

Technically it was titled as a samurai. So it was a samurai (with a custom replacement frame and kit body...)

And... ****in Hustle. If you can't make more $, work more and earn more,.... or be content with less.

Pretty sure John Had his insured through Foremost on a stated value police with high Liability Limits in case he was to ever get sued for hitting someone. This is what i will be doing as soon as i get mine 100% complete. Insured as a As a Dune Buggy ( Naturally Aspirated Less than 300 HP) with a homemade Vin stamped on it.

Man you have never dealt with a millennial, they would freak the hell out with that ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Define "technically"

Technically it was titled as a samurai. So it was a samurai (with a custom replacement frame and kit body...)

And... ****in Hustle. If you can't make more $, work more and earn more,.... or be content with less.

I was just curious. And I work my ass off. I can't afford one so I don't have one. Student loans got me. But it is what it is. I'll scrounge and save and leaf look in the jeep. i'm content with that.

Insuring and financing are two totally different things. I think it would be hard to justify it based on the depreciation. Sure, insure it however you can, but the bank is going to find it hard to believe you are buying a $40K Samurai from a place called Wide Open Design. No banker in his right mind is going to lend on that without added collateral. Then once you get your "Sami" and ride it for a few years (if you are lucky) you are going to want to sell it and will have more in it than what its worth so you will have to come out of pocket with the money or keep paying for something you don't own. At least with boats, campers, and even Jeeps there is a huge market for used ones. How many people have ever sold a rig for what they have in it, plus enough to cover interest? :dunno: My suggestion is buy something you can afford and save up for your bouncer or just wait. Financing anything is a hard pill to swallow once you look at the compounded interest and figure out your $20K car ended up costing you $28K. I would be more apt to let the desire to have a bouncer fuel me to work more, spend less and change my life where I can afford it free and clear. just dont have kids, I drop my little rock bouncers off to daycare everyday for the last 7 years :rolf:

yankster said:
That's the reality of it. It's an expensive hobby to get into and maintain. The money it takes to buy and maintain a trailer to pull, and a truck to pull it with, fuel, hotels, park fees. When it's time for new tires it's a $3000 bill plus install if you can't do it yourself. Saw one guy drive from Canada to a park in Missouri, break a driveshaft on the first hill, which in turn busted the case on his transmission. Wonder what that trip cost from the time he left until he's ready to wheel again? If you don't have several thousand dollars ready to throw at a buggy without affecting your budget then a bouncer is going to be a tax that could be tough to pay. Sitting under a tarp broken and that monthly payment is still due every month.

I'm with you. This is my absolute outlook. I miss the fun I had with my crawler and all you fawkers, but I don't miss the financial side of it, and mine was paid for! Albeit, $13k was a lot less than what the the initial cost of a bouncer is, the rest of the costs are virtually the same, i.e. parts, fuel, gate fee, hotels, time, trailer, maintenance.

I have about the same money in my Polaris Ranger now, and feels like I have a lot more money because it just doesn't cost me as much, and I haven't had time to ride much, of course...haha. Oh, did I say it's for sale now? Because it is..... molaugh