• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tj axle bracket kits

dventoza

Well I picked up some waggy dana 44's and Im almost realy to order up some axle backet kits for them. What kits have you all used and what ones are good and worth there price tag?

if your staying with stock spring locations. The clayton kit is cool. Keeps your LCA mounts out of the way.

If your going CO, then any thing will do.

Ya Im staying with the stock locations. I wish I could go coilovers but they are expensive! Ya I like the clayton kit ubt one thing they dont have on the rear kit is upper control arm mounts. So who make some good uppers that are decent?

I used the Rubicon Express TJ front axle bracket kit once upon a time to put a Waggy 44 in my XJ. Some of the brackets had to be modified a bit because the kit is designed for a Ford HP 44 which has smaller diameter axle tubes and a spring over pad cast on the driver's side of the diff instead of a spring under pad like the waggy.

It was expensive though, and I'm sure there are cheaper options out there now... but it was the only one I could find with all the brackets pre-made and ready to weld on at the time.

Ya im thinking about linking it cause the my suspension now is terriable. 4in. short arm lifts with stock uppers dont do to hot! haha Did you install the front kit yourself?

yep, all myself

Front stuff,
IMG_0053.jpg

SANY0005-13.jpg

SANY0012-7.jpg

now looks more like this, ended up with COs so I could get the travel I wanted.
SANY0004-15.jpg

rear
SANY0006-10.jpg

I used the Rubicon Express stuff when I did mine, I already had a long arm four link when I did it though, If I did it again I would fab it all myself, but if that wasn't an option then I would get the genright four link kit, IMO it is stronger than the other options due to the fact that the link tabs are mounted on C-channel that fits over the frame, so you just have to weld that on and it is simple, you could also just get the mounts and build your own links, that would be cheaper :awesomework:

I agree. I ended up with those mounts on the frame. Super easy. Just figure out where you want them. Then weld away.

Front Pinion adjustable by the 3rd link.

Rear adjustable by the upper links.

Or did not that answer what your looking for?

not wat I was looking for lol
When you welded on your brackets, did you put the pinion parralel with the ground or did you point it towards the transfer case a little?

Thought that was your question.

I tried to set them up as stock. Thinking the front was, well I don't remember now. It will come to me.

tj brackets

I've used dynatrac mostly, some currie, and also clayton. claytons stuff is definitely no frills burley **** that seems to go together pretty easy. I'd also check out teraflex, they've got some pretty nifty well engineered stuff. Eventually though after using the different manufacturers I ended up fabbing up my own brackets that allowed for more ground clearance.

Thought that was your question.

I tried to set them up as stock. Thinking the front was, well I don't remember now. It will come to me.

haha alright. thanks for the input!

I've used dynatrac mostly, some currie, and also clayton. claytons stuff is definitely no frills burley **** that seems to go together pretty easy. I'd also check out teraflex, they've got some pretty nifty well engineered stuff. Eventually though after using the different manufacturers I ended up fabbing up my own brackets that allowed for more ground clearance.

Ya thats why I like the clayton kit....its all above the bottom of the axle tube!

You might talk to Pat at Those Guys over here in Bremerton. Im pretty sure he has all the brackets drawn up now :awesomework:

what did you do about pinion angle on the front and rear?

My rear was 15 degrees, the front I just set up with my C's at a -6 degrees and the pinion just fell wherever. I put an 8.8 in the rear and used Stu's write up, if you google Stu's 8.8 swap there is a lot of good info. :awesomework:

I talked to Pat yesterday, He said he could cut you out a bracket kit on his torchmate, already has it drawn up